Regular Contributor

Re: Mine Tan TSV - Anyone use it yet?

This is the worst self tan product I have ever used.  It takes too much effort and I am throwing mine in the garbage. Who has the time to apply it and then wait a couple of hours to rinse it off?  It made every freckle and dark spot really stand out. The only thing I can say is that it doesn't smell, but in my opinion, it stinks!! 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@nyc1 wrote:

@wvumountiefan wrote:

I also bought the Jimmy Coco and Minetan collab. I love this self tanner. I am medium skin tone and I do tan easily. This tanner gives me a beautiful color and never orange. 

I also agree that the mitt is good.

@wvumountiefan  I agree...  this is an exceptional kit.  I use the foam in the clear bottle on my face chest and arms,  and the more heavy duty foam in the darker bottle on my legs.  I just got back from Hawaii a week ago, and this is helping me maintain my rich color.  NO SMELL WHATSOEVER on the lighter bottle, and just a tiny bit on the darker one, which is why I use it on my legs (further away from my nose!).    I haven't self tanned in YEARS because of the stink, but this kit is a game changer for me.   LOVE IT.  I purchased a second so I wouldn't run out!

So it's now 3 weeks later and I am using the darker bottle product on my arms.  The color is gorgeous and there is absolutely NO SMELL, and,  you do NOT have to wash it off.  The color develops quickly and stops on it's own.  I purchased the Jimmy Coco kit and it's by far,  THE BEST that I've ever tried...  no smell, great color.

Respected Contributor

@evergreen, sorry that this didn't work for you. I love Mine Tan! It's nice to apply at night then I wait about an hour and half and do a light rinse. The product continues to work overnight. The first time that I used it, I left it on for 3 hours. The next morning every freckle and dark spot had multiplied. Leaving it on for 3 hours was too long IMO. By leaving it on for less time, I don't have that issue.