Valued Contributor

Have any of you ladies had microneedling done?  I had a session a few months ago and my face got very red but the redness was gone the next day.  Not sure if I had great results but my skin did look better, 

Had another session yesterday and my face was not quite as red.  First session she applied numbing cream so it was not too uncomfortable but yesterday she did not use the numbing cream.  Yikes!!!  I felt it!  My face feels dry this time but it has been cold here in Chicago so I'm sure that adds to the dryness..

For those who have had microneedling, are you happy with the results?  How many sessions did you have?  Is it something you plan to continue?  How often do you have it done?   Thanks..  

Honored Contributor

I've been doing it on my own for over five years. The first session was done by a professional. Works for me and if it didn't then I wouldn't be doing it for so long.

Valued Contributor

I’ve been having it done about two years now. Began in prep for my granddaughter’s wedding and liked it so much I continued the sessions.

Usually go every four to six weeks. Never had any of the acute redness you mention.

Really love how “baby smooth” it makes my face feel but best of all there is huge difference in makeup application and results.

Hope this helps.

Honored Contributor

I use a dermastamp at home for about 2 months and have already seen my lip lines diminishing. I'm impressed. 

Honored Contributor

@GenXmuse wrote:

I use a dermastamp at home for about 2 months and have already seen my lip lines diminishing. I'm impressed. 

That's what I do, too. It works! @GenXmuse 

Respected Contributor

Had it done professionally .  They always used the numbing agent .  At first had the redness when they applied Vit C cream .  Usually they recommend  only using  alcohol free creams afterward .  The treatments have provided  me some improvement . It supposed to encourage collagen production.

Trusted Contributor

@GenXmuse    Can you recommend a dermastamp?  What size are your needles?  Thank you in advance. 

Honored Contributor

@Dawnie wrote:

@GenXmuse    Can you recommend a dermastamp?  What size are your needles?  Thank you in advance. 

I learned everything I know from @SilleeMee!

I get my stamps at skinmedix.com. I started with the .25 and am now at .50. 
This size doesn't make me bleed or make my skin terribly red so I can do it more often and I'm pretty amazed at the difference. But @SilleeMee is our resident expert. I'm still learning. 

Honored Contributor

Oh yay! @GenXmuse  I'm glad you've had a good experience with SkinMedix needles. 

Thank you for your kind words. Woman Very Happy 

Are you using a numbing cream? I only use one for around my lip area. I can't needle in that area without numbing it first...it really hurts. Numbing creams aren't really encouraged out in the professional field because they constrict blood flow. Slight bleeding after needling is actually a good thing...it's sort of proof of stimulating collagen. 

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

Oh yay! @GenXmuse  I'm glad you've had a good experience with SkinMedix needles. 

Thank you for your kind words. Woman Very Happy 

Are you using a numbing cream? I only use one for around my lip area. I can't needle in that area without numbing it first...it really hurts. Numbing creams aren't really encouraged out in the professional field because they constrict blood flow. Slight bleeding after needling is actually a good thing...it's sort of proof of stimulating collagen. 

I have no idea why I'm not bleeding. That's why I went up in size.  I haven't had to use numbing cream, I just grin lol and bear it around my lips and the pain doesn't last too long after. Sometimes a little in the morning.  

When I do it on the backs of my hands I bleed. I tested it out there first just to see how it felt. I read that pushing it in harder doesn't make a difference since it doesn't make it go in any deeper. I've been following with the Camelia oil like you suggested too. 

Thanks for all the skin advice over the years. I never would have had the guts to try this without you!