Honored Contributor

@wonderfulworld 

Are they going to use an auto-dermastamp pen? ...or will they be doing it manually? The auto method can take more time to heal...like weeks, not days.

Respected Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

@wonderfulworld 

Are they going to use an auto-dermastamp pen? ...or will they be doing it manually? The auto method can take more time to heal...like weeks, not days.

She said it is like an electric toothbrush type device? I think I need to find out.

Also, I take the remaining plasma home for AM/PM application. Keep refrigerated.. Said to expect 3 days social down time in the info I received.

Thank you SilleeMee!

Honored Contributor

@wonderfulworld wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

@wonderfulworld 

She said it is like an electric toothbrush type device? I think I need to find out.

Also, I take the remaining plasma home for AM/PM application. Keep refrigerated.. Said to expect 3 days social down time in the info I received.

Thank you SilleeMee!

Sounds like microdermabrasion to me. @wonderfulworld  They can do that, too, using plasma. But with microneedling it's similar and takes a bit longer to heal. A woman who works at the front desk at my derm's office had microneedling/ w plasma (also known as a 'vampire facial) and she had it done with a pen type dermastamp where it would automatically go up and down on the skin in rapid succession while at the same time applying the plasma. She looked like she was in a terrible accident, I hate to say, and she said it took a a few weeks for the peeling and small scabs to go away. The redness lingered for much longer. She said she didn't know if she would do it again.

Respected Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

@wonderfulworld wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

@wonderfulworld 

Thank you SilleeMee!

Sounds like microdermabrasion to me. @wonderfulworld  They can do that, too, using plasma. But with microneedling it's similar and takes a bit longer to heal. A woman who works at the front desk at my derm's office had microneedling/ w plasma (also known as a 'vampire facial) and she had it done with a pen type dermastamp where it would automatically go up and down on the skin in rapid succession while at the same time applying the plasma. She looked like she was in a terrible accident, I hate to say, and she said it took a a few weeks for the peeling and small scabs to go away. The redness lingered for much longer. She said she didn't know if she would do it again.

No, it is microneedling...they gave me a pre and post treatment instruction sheet. Hmmm...I had better look into this further. The point of it is to try to raise a dented scar a bit. The tech said I would peel. I had better talk to my derm about this. I see her on Friday.

Thank you SilleeMee. I need to look into this further for sure!!

Super Contributor

Hello I am not in the big time microneedling but i have used the Glopro at .25 and I know the needles arent long enough to produce collagen but will help penetrate the serums etc.. I use the Truth Treatment products after.. My skin looks amazing and i am 59 years old and i get told i do not look any older than 40.. I have no wrinkles and clear skin. the device and prodcts are fantastic. 

My question.. I am thinking of going to .5 microneedling for home use (will not go an dhave it professionally done) but not sure where to buy one that is of the best quality.. Also when I do the .5 how long should I wait before I do it again?

Honored Contributor

@Snowskiiing1 wrote:

Hello I am not in the big time microneedling but i have used the Glopro at .25 and I know the needles arent long enough to produce collagen but will help penetrate the serums etc.. I use the Truth Treatment products after.. My skin looks amazing and i am 59 years old and i get told i do not look any older than 40.. I have no wrinkles and clear skin. the device and prodcts are fantastic. 

My question.. I am thinking of going to .5 microneedling for home use (will not go an dhave it professionally done) but not sure where to buy one that is of the best quality.. Also when I do the .5 how long should I wait before I do it again?

@Snowskiiing1 

Skinmedix dot com sells quality rollers and stamps of all sizes which come in titanium or stainless steel needles. I would buy stainless because it's a better option for needling...I won't go into the details for why that is the case, but it is. 

The frequency of when you should use a 0.5 will vary and that would mostly depend on how your particular skin reacts to it. As a general rule needles which are 0.5 and longer are best used about once a month or possibly every 3 weeks if your skin can handle it. Take caution with what you apply on your skin b&a when using these longer lengths. Post-needling skincare is best when you use less, not more, for at least the next 12 to 24 hours. I like to use organic camellia oil only. Some people use vitamin C  or hyaluronic serums but unless you know your ingredients in those products then I would not apply them.  No actives, no sunscreen or makeup. Stay out of the sun for at least the next 12 hours. Basically when you go to using 0.5 or longer then the entire scenario changes for pre- and post-needling. It becomes something more serious and can involve complications if not done properly. I highly recommend getting a book about the subject. That will answer many of your questions. Good luck.Woman Happy

Respected Contributor

@SilleeMee  I'm taking notes!   OMG ..  you are such an amazing wealth of information.  We are truly lucky to have you on these boards.  You share so much great info.  THANK YOU for that.

Honored Contributor

You're welcome Woman Happy @nyc1 

Respected Contributor

Reporting in on microneedling...saw my derm today and she said she has had it done numerous time. If I have it done on Weds, I will peel Thurs and Friday.

No makeup until Friday. Biggest problem is redness and peeling. 3-5 days downtime. People who have it done Friday can go back to work Monday but will still be a little flaky. She does it with no problems except the first 3 days or so. She thinks it is great.

Respected Contributor

Wow!  I'm very uneducated about micro needling and aporeciate the very informative comments!  Yes, I know I can research this online, but I'd rather learn directly from people who have experience with the process.  

I know about the roller device, but what is the derma stamp? 

Thanks everyone!