Honored Contributor

What do you think about this? There's a new Korean mask technique that features teeny tiny (extremely short, hair width) needles made from hyaluronic acid attached to a patch. Patches only. Have not yet seen one for the whole face. Most of the patches are for acne.

But one caught my eye because it is meant to reduce dark spots. Could be good for hyperpigmentation. I also saw one for the eye area with hyaluronic acid and Eyeseryl for dark circles and hollows.

Would you try such a thing? I very well might. It could be so much more convenient than dermarolling (which admittedly I currently don't do) to use a patch like that once or twice a month.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Trusted Contributor

Re: Microneedle Patches?

[ Edited ]

My personal opinion is that people do too much to their delicate skin...they rub it, scrub it, cream it, oil it, heat it, cool it, now puncture holes in it.  It seems the more many people do to it the more problems they have with their skin.  The body is an amazing thing that was designed to to require little outside assistance. I am inclined to keep it clean and leave it alone.   You will save lots of money and likely have better skin by just leaving it alone.  Nothing truly stops one from aging except death.  You might also want to read up in hyaluronic acid and cancer risks - it never hurts to know what they are learning about HA.

Snarky responders need not reply. Move along and share your views elsewhere.
Honored Contributor

That's a valid way to look at it. I don't think these patches would be your style, @Havarti.

"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Esteemed Contributor

@Porcelain  I would try the dark circles item.  Korean women look awesome.   Where did you find it?

Honored Contributor

@Mary Bailey wrote:

@Porcelain  I would try the dark circles item.  Korean women look awesome.   Where did you find it?

@Mary Bailey I've seen lots of different kinds on eBay and Amazon. If you search for "BLUE CARROT Micro Needle Patch Eye Patch" on the 'zon you can find the eye circles one. They have plain hyaluronic acid needle patches for undereye too.

The microneedles are there to make the ingredients penetrate deeper into the skin. I forgot to say that in the first post. They dissolve over the course of several hours while you wear the patches.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Microneedle Patches?

[ Edited ]

I would try the eye patches.  What do the reviews say?  LM

See here...https://labmuffin.com/dissolving-microneedle-patches-science-and-review-vice-reversa/.

Honored Contributor

@Lilysmom wrote:

I would try the eye patches.  What do the reviews say?  LM

See here...https://labmuffin.com/dissolving-microneedle-patches-science-and-review-vice-reversa/.

@Lilysmom There are very few reviews, at least not ones in English. I don't think all that many people know they exist. And those who do are mostly interested in them for acne, which makes sense.

Still, thank you for this article! It's very cool that Lab Muffin approves of the concept. She knows a lot.

If and when I get the arbutin spot patches or any other kind, I'll try to dig up this thread and share my experiences with them.