Trusted Contributor

Re: Microdermabrasion MD set

@Poodlepet2: I ordered the large NuFace back in August '12. Didn't have all the attachments. When that died last summer I ordered the mini. I think it gives me the same results..

Can you tell me the diff you're seeing between the mini and the Trinity? If and when the mini dies maybe I'll consider the Trinity. Hate to spend that much $$$ though.

i use it almost daily...at least I shoot for daily...still after all this time. I figure at my age I have to keep up my schedule. Just like weight training. Can't afford to slack off🤓

Trusted Contributor

Sadie, Did any of the devices cause you to get broken capillaries on your face?  I was telling my friend about it and she said she bet it would cause that to happen to me. No idea why she said this as she has never used one.

Respected Contributor

Sadie, the antenna attachment really hits my under eye area in a way the larger attachment doesn't-that's worth a lot to me! Same thing with the upper eye area that was becoming a little "hooded".  I had Bell's Palsy years ago, and one side of my face is a little weaker than the other-not really noticeable, but there was a definite change and the antenna restored my left eye.....

My nasolabial folds were improving with the larger attachment, but the antenna worked even better.

I just started using the NuFace on my neck-being careful to avoid major blood vessels: here in the U.S. I don't think it's approved for that.....but I can get a lighter touch with the antenna, and I also position the two little probes so that one is on my face and the other is on my bottom jaw-which you can do with the larger one, but it really does seem to be tightening more.

Poodlepet2

Respected Contributor

Crawford, dermabrasion removes dead cells  on the superficial layers of skin: I can see how it could cause broken capillaries if you bear down too hard or use it in one area too long. YouTube usually has videos but my favorites are the ones who purchase something instead of getting it for free.  They tend to be honest because they have nothing to lose.  I will see if I can find any because I'm interested in trying this again, but I would buy the larger one instead of the handheld.

Dr. Defense used to sell one here, but I noticed it's gone....I wonder why?

Poodlepet2

Trusted Contributor

Poodle, yes please do so and let me know. I was upset after my friend told me that as I have been hoping to buy one and get started with improving my skin. 

Trusted Contributor

Have no idea why the set is gone from QVC, makes one wonder though.

Respected Contributor

Crawford, all the principles for home microdermabrasion are the same. The more inexpensive hand unit did not work out so well for me, so I'm looking at the larger unit sold here. 

In the past, I've seen a few videos. You pull the skin taught and apply light pressure with the head of the device. Start at the lowest speed: I would not even think about increasing it the first day. This is something I would absolutely follow the directions, and they probably have a help line. Personally, if I "go back" to this, I will have some Vitamin K cream on hand.

If you are really nervous about this, cancel the order.

One thing I am really thinking about is an enzymatic peel -done on my deepest wrinkles on my forehead.  They have improved, but the Nuface only works up to a certain point.

Enzymatic peels are not like caustic chemical peels, and I'm sure there are somewhat safe, but for my own reasons, I would rather have it done in a medical spa. If you try it at home, make sure you set a timer!

A lot of this home spa stuff is FDA approved, but it's still possible to injure yourself  If you are really having qualms about declaration using a tool, don't do it.

Poodlepet2