Trusted Contributor

Just bought the set and was wondering how well it performs?  I am 63 and looking forward to getting rid of the lines around the nose and the droopy look around the mouth.

Would apprecaite any comments you have on how you like it.

Respected Contributor

Re: Microdermabrasion MD set

Crawford, I don't have this: We all love hearing about what others are trying. I tried an economy version of the Trophy Skin....and it did not last too long. I think you can expect some reasonably good results on fine lines, but deeper lines and gravity pulling downwards-in the form of jowels- requires a wee bit more help. With age, you lose muscle tone as well. Consider the Nuface.....

Poodlepet2

Trusted Contributor

Thanks for your input. I will post here periodically  how it is doing as I have 90 days to decide if it is really helping me.  If not, will just return.

Trusted Contributor

@Poodlepet2: I so agree about the NuFace. About to turn 72 and wow, has it helped me a lot. Been using about 4 1/2 yrs and that haggard look with sunken cheeks has disappeared. That and the Lightstim have been amazing tools for me.

Glad to know there is someone else with positive results. 

@crawford5153: consider the NuFace if you don't find satisfaction with this appliance you'll be trying.

Honored Contributor

I own a similar microdermabrasion tool. Mine has the diamond tips and the suction-machine. I used it for a long time until I noticed it was making my broken caps get worse on my cheeks so I stopped using it altogether. It's a good method to get your skin exfoliated but for me it was too harsh. It really didn't do much for sagging skin or deep lines around the mouth area. fyiWoman Happy

Respected Contributor

Sadie, (I love your name: "Funny Girl" is one of my favorite movies): I went to town with NuFace. Initially, I did at least four 15 minute treatments a week, then 5 min. Treatments other days.  Just when I think I'm ready for maintenance-I see more improvement. I am using other modalities ( I wrote a post on Friday)- but this thing is really working!

I've had a lot of illness to deal with, but that's not what I'm about: I want my external appearance to show how young and well I feel. I always look better with makeup, but I don't get sad or depressed anymore when I pass a mirror and I'm not wearing any.

....honestly,the OP has me thinking about microdermabrasion as a "finishing touch": I think I'm going to seriously revisit this topic.....

Poodlepet2

Trusted Contributor

Where did you purchase the Nuface? Thanks. 

Respected Contributor

Crawford I purchased the Nuface Trinity here when it was a TSV.  They do run sales on the NuFace site and you can see more "Before and Afters".  I started out with the Mini in the early Autumn (I had it for over a year and was afraid to use it! Don't be afraid like I was: it does not hurt at all providing you use enough conductive gel.

I like their conductive gel because it's not gloopy and the tube is easily packed for travel.  At home, I use Aquasonic Conductive Gel from Amazon. It's the same gel used in radiological orthography.

Getting back to why I ended up with the Trinity: you plug the Mini in to recharge it and the tip of the metal charger broke off.  It was past it's warranty anyway.  I was getting good results however, but I heard the words "most powerful" describing the Trinity when it was a TSV. ( BTW, it sits in a cradle to recharge-nothing to plug in other than the charger cord being plugged in to an outlet)  I am really impressed with the antenna attachment that is used for small areas.

Poodlepet2

Respected Contributor

Crawford, that was ultrasound-not orthography!

Honored Contributor

I used a similar microdermabrasion system and I liked it at first and then noticed that I was losing the color in my face. I don't use it on my face anymore, but I have used it to remove dry patches of skin on my hands and legs.