Respected Contributor

Microdelivery or Skinn Cosmetics ?

I have used Philosophy Microdelivery wash for years and very pleased with the results. I get a lot of compliments on my skin and that I don't look my age. So a few weeks ago knowing my microdelivery was getting low I decided to try skinn cosmetics AM/PM face wash from HSN because it was on a special price. I will be returning to my microdelivery. I  don't really like the smell of skinn cosmetics PM plus it does not lather which I prefer because it makes me feel like my face is getting clean. The AM does lather and doesn't smell as bad.  Anyone else have a favorite of these 2 or  any other brand recommendations ? Please share your favorite

Honored Contributor

Re: Microdelivery or Skinn Cosmetics ?

@Goodie2shoes wrote:

I have used Philosophy Microdelivery wash for years and very pleased with the results. I get a lot of compliments on my skin and that I don't look my age. So a few weeks ago knowing my microdelivery was getting low I decided to try skinn cosmetics AM/PM face wash from HSN because it was on a special price. I will be returning to my microdelivery. I  don't really like the smell of skinn cosmetics PM plus it does not lather which I prefer because it makes me feel like my face is getting clean. The AM does lather and doesn't smell as bad.  Anyone else have a favorite of these 2 or  any other brand recommendations ? Please share your favorite

@Goodie2shoes   Just curious why if you used the Philosophy for years, received complimets and like it, why would you purchase something else? 

Honored Contributor

@Shanus you never know if you just might like something else better unless you try it.  If you have been using the same thing for years, newer technologies might be available that are better.  And sometimes, I just like to try things.  That would be my answer although I'm not OP.  

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Shanuswrote:  Just curious why if you used the Philosophy for years, received complimets and like it, why would you purchase something else? 

Thanks for you question. As I said in my original post my Microdelivery was getting low and because there was a special price on Skinn Cosmetics face wash and also after reading the reviews I decided to give it a try.

Also see response from icegodess who wrote : you never know if you just might like something else better unless you try it. If you have been using the same thing for years, newer technologies might be available that are better. And sometimes, I just like to try things. That would be my answer although I'm not OP.  Exactly ! thanks icegodess ! Have a great day !

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Goodie2shoes wrote:

I actually used and liked both Skinn products but have moved on.  

I am currently using the Signature Club A Glycolic Cleanser in the morning and like it.  Since it’s on and off my face in such a short time, I doubt I’m getting any actual glycolic exfoliation.  I rely on my AM moisturizer for that, but the cleanser smells nice and it’s a pleasant experience. Every once in awhile I’ll use Vasanti Brighten Up as a physical exfoliator.  I’m almost out and Perlier had a duo of their Black Rice Facial Scrub on an HSN deal recently so I picked that up - haven’t tried it yet though.  

At night, I used to use an oil all the time (pre Skinn) until my favorite was no longer available.  These days I use a cleansing balm at night. Banilla Co. Clean It Zero. It doesn’t lather but I’m ok with that and prefer it.  Lather doesn’t equate to clean, IMO.  I apply the product to dry skin, rub it all over, add a little water and rub some more, remove with a wet/wrung out makeup eraser cloth.  

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

I've used both. I like the Skinn AM cleanser better than the PM cleanser. However, I do love Skinn's Dermappeal. I stopped using Philosophy a while ago when they were still using parabens. I heard they have stopped using them now, but haven't been back to try it out.

Some others in my rotation are the Beekman 1802 facial bar and Tatcha Rice Polish.