Contributor

Re: Micro-needling, after a month are you seeing any results?

[ Edited ]

I am using the shorter needling roller every other day and seeing results. Could anyone tell me what needle length I should use for hyperpigmentation areas on my cheeks. Spots are about quarter size.

Honored Contributor

The only thing I got from that product was a red rash, returned it.

Honored Contributor

@greeenie wrote:

I am using the shorter needling roller every other day and seeing results. Could anyone tell me what needle length I should use for hyperpigmentation areas on my cheeks. Spots are about quarter size.

You'll probably need to use at least 0.5mm to help reduce brown spots. Start with this length about every 2 to 3 weeks and see if your skin can tolerate that. With needles that are 0.5mm or longer, rolling too soon may disrupt the collagen formation. When you first start with the longer needles then you might see that your spots get darker temporarily. That is because the pigment is coming close to the surface, with new clear cells beneath. Then the dark spots will lighten as time goes by. There's no guarantee the needling will make the spots go away completely, however. It may just lighten them.  @greeenie 

Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

@greeenie wrote:

You'll probably need to use at least 0.5mm to help reduce brown spots. Start with this length about every 2 to 3 weeks and see if your skin can tolerate that. With needles that are 0.5mm or longer, rolling too soon may disrupt the collagen formation. When you first start with the longer needles then you might see that your spots get darker temporarily. That is because the pigment is coming close to the surface, with new clear cells beneath. Then the dark spots will lighten as time goes by. There's no guarantee the needling will make the spots go away completely, however. It may just lighten them.  @greeenie 

Thanks for the advice. I'm using the .3 now with no Ill effects at all. In fact my skin has improved. I will get some longer needles and try that.

Honored Contributor

@greeenie wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

@greeenie wrote:

Thanks for the advice. I'm using the .3 now with no Ill effects at all. In fact my skin has improved. I will get some longer needles and try that.

You're welcome @greeenie . Another approach to tackling brown spots is to 'spot treat' them with a stamp-type microneedle. These are small and are used to treat small areas instead of rolling larger sections on the face just to get to the spot. They look like this and the head is just shy of about 1/2-inch in diameter:

download.jpg

Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

@greeenie wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

@greeenie wrote:

You're welcome @greeenie . Another approach to tackling brown spots is to 'spot treat' them with a stamp-type microneedle. These are small and are used to treat small areas instead of rolling larger sections on the face just to get to the spot. They look like this and the head is just shy of about 1/2-inch in diameter:

download.jpg

Have never seen this. Will check it out. Thank you again.