Honored Contributor

Michele Wang: Nars Unrated vs Patrick Ta Rose Palette

Haven't watched it yet but I will be interested in what she has to say.  I keep going back and forth with this Nars palette.  If it's this hard to make up my mind to keep it or not, I should send it back.

Title of YT video 

NARS Unrated Palette vs PATRICK TA Major Dimension II Rose Palette

Trusted Contributor

Re: Michele Wang: Nars Unrated vs Patrick Ta Rose Palette

@monicakm I've seen a few reviews of the Patrick Ta palette and they've all been great.  I would definitely have bought it if I didn't already have so many similar colors.  I especially like the two cream shadows. 

I actually had it in my Sephora cart for a little bit but talked myself out of it after watching Tara Lynn's video which had a lot of comparisons.  She loved the palette, but seeing her swatch comparisons reminded me of how many similar colors I already own.  If you don't already watch her, I would recommend her especially for eye palettes.  She the best I've seen for doing comparison swatches from other palettes.

The Nars looks very pretty too, but again, I already have very similar shades.

Honored Contributor

@lkat 

I do watch Tara Lynn from time to time.  Do you remember that it was Mel who got her started in YT?  I also have a lot of those colors with all the Huda palettes I own.  I found a new YTer a couple of nights ago.  Oh, I was looking for reviews on this blush from Em Cosmetics that I  bought to go with Huda bronzer and Nars Fort de France highlighter.  The first look I do with this blush combo will be with the new CP 9 pan I got today.  

BAROQUE

I don't know what to think about her yet lol  She's a nut but in a goofy, endearing way.  Her channel is Kakie Reviews Beauty  And she's looong winded!  Have you seen her?

Honored Contributor

@monicakm wrote:

@lkat 

I do watch Tara Lynn from time to time.  Do you remember that it was Mel who got her started in YT?  I also have a lot of those colors with all the Huda palettes I own.  I found a new YTer a couple of nights ago.  Oh, I was looking for reviews on this blush from Em Cosmetics that I  bought to go with Huda bronzer and Nars Fort de France highlighter.  The first look I do with this blush combo will be with the new CP 9 pan I got today.  

BAROQUE

I don't know what to think about her yet lol  She's a nut but in a goofy, endearing way.  Her channel is Kakie Reviews Beauty  And she's looong winded!  Have you seen her?

Not @lkat , but I've watched Kackie and she's very frenetic  and not relaxing to watch. She also applies way too much blush, for my liking, in every video. I prefer a much calmer demeanor. 

Trusted Contributor

@monicakm I knew that Tara and Mel were good friends, but I didn't realize that it was Mel that got her started.  I know that watching her video where she talked about Mel's passing was heartbreaking.  I always make sure to watch her whenever I'm tempted by a new palette because she finds dups that I would never think about.

I've never heard of Kakie Reviews Beauty.  I'll definitely check her out, though I tend to vibe more with people who aren't too nutty!

How do you like the Em Cosmetics blush?  It's very pretty.  I've heard good things about a few of their products, but haven't tried anything yet.  I always have a hard time with blush because I'm very fair and I also have some texture from old acne scars.  

Honored Contributor

@lkat 

Like you, I'm drawn to YTers with a more kind and gentle demeanor.  I found Kackie by searching for reviews on Em Cosmetics.  I did subscribe after looking at the various titles of her videos.  She seems to be current and up to date with beauty products so if I'm interested in learning more about a product, I may watch her video on it.

Honored Contributor

@lkat 

I bought two of the blushes.  I've used the pink one twice.  Honestly, I could have done without that one.  I like it but it's not different enough from some other pink blushes.  I don't have this one yet.  Should get it today.  I'm anxious to use it with these two items to create a look Julia Adams did.

This is the Em Cosmetics

BAROQUE

HUDA BEAUTY - GloWish Soft Radiance Bronzing Powder 01 Light 0.28 oz/ 8 g