Frequent Contributor
I tried a sample of the La Mer soft fluid foundation in Natural. I put my Merle Norman powder base on one side and La Mer on the other. Five people preferred the MN. They said it covered better and looked smoother. So higher end isn't always better. I thought the La Mer didn't cover and made my skin look terrible. MN has some great foundations.
Honored Contributor

@Lipstick1 

I use Lumene CC cream but it's becoming increasingly hard to find.  I've actually considered trying Merle Norman's CC cream.

When Lumene goes away, I may have to! Woman LOL

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Frequent Contributor
@just bee The CC cream is really nice. It has a SPF 30 and covers pretty good. I have used MN for many years. If a franchise becomes available in my area I would consider buying it. They have nice products. They have free gifts with purchase also. The foundation I use was formulated in 1931. The formula hasn't changed and in my area is only $16. That says so much about their company. I think you would like their products.
Honored Contributor

@Lipstick1 

I was surprised to see our neighborhood shop close recently.  But I think it just relocated because there's a new one a couple miles away.  I may have to investigate...

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

Over 40 years ago I went to Merle Norman for a makeover.  By the time I got home my face was red and itching -- I never went back.  

kindness is strength
Frequent Contributor
@Katcat1 40 years ago
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@Lipstick1  Yep!  Hopefully, it their makeup has improved.

kindness is strength
Frequent Contributor
@Katcat1 One of the best brands available.
Respected Contributor

@Lipstick1 

I love my Merle Norman cream to powder foundation.  It's the closest match I've ever found for my skin, and it covers beautifully without a heavy foundation look.  Also, it's very good for your skin, even it you leave it on overnight.  

I've been using it for 50+ years and have always, and still do, get compliments on my complexion.

Respected Contributor

@just bee 

I totally agree with @Lipstick1  !!  Merle Norman is a wonderful brand and they have the most beautiful products.  I just purchased a tube of the make up primer and I am in love with it.  It feels like silk and your face looks flawless after you put your make up on.