Honored Contributor

Re: Men’s Makeup goes Mainstream with CVS Rollout.

My husband doesn't wear make-up, but he does use skin products for his face and body.  For his face, he uses Dove soap and currently using Loreal Revitalift.  For his body he uses Dove soap and Nivea body lotion.

If sees the advertising for this new CVS line, he'd probably try their skin products.

Honored Contributor

I've always thought that one of the advantages of being male was that you wouldn't have to worry about makeup and hair removal.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

@just bee wrote:

I've always thought that one of the advantages of being male was that you wouldn't have to worry about makeup and hair removal.

@just bee   Funny. My DH is a little spoiled since he gets my free facials and extractions of blackheads if needed. Men's beard areas are naturally exfoliated from shaving, but not other areas of the face/neck. I also neaten up his brows in between only. 

When I saw him sneaking over to "borrow" some of my skincare, I started him on the men's line of Kiehl's...gentle face wash, moisturizer w/ spf, a night one w/o spf and retinol and an eye cream. He does look younger than his buddies after 10 yrs. of use. 

Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@just bee wrote:

@just bee   Funny. My DH is a little spoiled since he gets my free facials and extractions of blackheads if needed. Men's beard areas are naturally exfoliated from shaving, but not other areas of the face/neck. I also neaten up his brows in between only. 

When I saw him sneaking over to "borrow" some of my skincare, I started him on the men's line of Kiehl's...gentle face wash, moisturizer w/ spf, a night one w/o spf and retinol and an eye cream. He does look younger than his buddies after 10 yrs. of use. 

@Shanus 

I have no beef with grooming and skincare.  In fact, I've supplied BH's facial cleanser and facial moisturizer.  So far he's shown no interest in my CC cream or eyeliner.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

@just bee wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

@just bee wrote:

@Shanus 

I have no beef with grooming and skincare.  In fact, I've supplied BH's facial cleanser and facial moisturizer.  So far he's shown no interest in my CC cream or eyeliner.

@just bee   I'm sure DH wouldn't touch any of my makeup except clear lip balm. Not sure what I'd think if he did.

Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@just bee wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

@just bee wrote:

@Shanus 

@just bee   I'm sure DH wouldn't touch any of my makeup except clear lip balm. Not sure what I'd think if he did.

@Shanus 

Woman LOL

Respected Contributor

Intersting,  but not surprising.  Men,  like women,  are not all the same.  Different age groups,  cultures, life styles, social groups, and so on... different product needs and attitudes.

Men have been suing various 'beauty' and skin care products for years.  For some,  a specialized line has an appeal.  Others are more comfortable using generic products or those their wives or girl friends have around.

I'm sure if we look back over history,  we will see many times when men,  usually those in upper levels of society,  used make-up.... powdered wigs,  rosy cheeks, etc.

And there is nothing wrong with taking care of your skin...

it's a good idea,  for men or women.  And hasn't fragrance been acceptable for men for a very long time.

And if a tatoo is 'manly' then why isn't bronzer?  If hair products are ok,  then why not eyebrow grooming?  If lip balm is good, then is lip gloss bad?

It takes a while for 'society' to get comfortable with changes and extreme make-up on women or men will generally be less 'acceptable' to many people.  But as styles change,  who is to say what we will view as 'extreme'?  

Businesses always struggle to stay in tune with changes in customers.   And during these very difficult times,  business need new customers even more.