Esteemed Contributor

Re: QV Re: Men’s Makeup goes Mainstream with CVS Rollout.

@coffee drinker 

I remember Eve Pearl using Alberti as her model on one of her on air demos. She did his whole face. It looked great and both were very pleased.  She also included a female in the same presentation. 

My late husband was waaay ahead of this newer 'trend.' He had his special gals at the beauty counters at Saks that took great care of him. He had a nice regime of day and night skin care, neck and body lotions, potions and used moisturizing masks too. He had concealers and color corrector too.(I remember Dermablend pots in the bathroom drawer and used a gel type liquid bronzer in an aqua tube, which I believe was a Clinique product. I don't recall seeing any residue on his collar or clothing, nor him ever commenting about that being an issue. Professionally, he wore surgical masks daily too.  Probably used a setting powder, and as I am thinking, do recall some kind of powder product in his cabinet. He definitely was a manly man kind of guy who always had a fresh and naturally healthy look about his appearance. Loved his mani/pedis too. This was, I am going back, 40+ years ago. Needless to say, he was always very open and receptive to all kinds of beauty and self care (those lovely gals at Saks trained him very well!) We had a lot of fun and I dearly miss him. I buried him 26 years ago today. (((❤)))

Trusted Contributor

Re: Men’s Makeup goes Mainstream with CVS Rollout.

[ Edited ]

I don't know how well the CVS make-up will do with the male population. In 2016 Cover Girl had their first male model, James Charles. He went on and created his own line of make-up as well as clothing line.

I am sure that most of the male host on QVC wear some kind of make-up to cover up flaws, etc. just like women. 

As for QVC selling male make-up. I doubt they have enough customers that would be interested in buying the product from QVC.

I just wish I looked as good in my make-up as James Charles and the other male models.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

DH would never wear it. I don't even like wearing it.

Don't understand why a man would want to wear it?

That's something they don't have to deal with.

All DH does is rinse his face with water. LOL!!!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I think with zoom etc......and more people   working from home on line,  men want to look better...so maybe it is somewhat an outcome from the pandemic.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Nightowlz 

@happycat 

"It's not about a full face of makeup or color. We're talking about improving blemishes, fixing up under-eye bags, a zit — all these sorts of things," Kahan told Bloomberg.

I see nothing wrong with this. If it makes a man feel more confident, why not? 

Esteemed Contributor

@wilma wrote:

@Nightowlz 

@happycat 

"It's not about a full face of makeup or color. We're talking about improving blemishes, fixing up under-eye bags, a zit — all these sorts of things," Kahan told Bloomberg.

Nothing is wrong with it, @wilma. I will just be surprised if it goes mainstream, but as I said, I have been wrong many times before and will be many times again. No doubt. 

I have not been wearing as much makeup since the mask and quarantine, and I find it freeing. To each his own.

I know have known 2 men personally who wear makeup, have no issue with them at all. One has spent the night here when he needed a place. He is a very cool person and one of my dd's best friends. Has been for years.

The other was my beautician for several years, but he has moved away, unfortunately. The best hairstylist I have ever had.

Respected Contributor

Re: QV Re: Men’s Makeup goes Mainstream with CVS Rollout.

@Shanus wrote:

@coffee drinker wrote:

If QVC starts selling men's makeup, I'm thinking Alberti will be the host.  Looks like he wears some kind of makeup now.

@coffee drinker   Most men and women you see on TV, movies and public appearances wear makeup. The bright lighting pales them out, causes unwanted shadows and every little flaw. It especially brings out ruddiness and the natural mismatch of face and neck. 

I'm sure David and the other hosts and presenters on Q are also wearing makeup.

I thought I was the only person on the planet who had a mismatched face and throat. I mean REALLY mismatched. My throat is dead white, but my face has a lot of color for a pale person. My sister couldn't believe I didn't wear foundation until I said, "You think I'd TRY to look like this?"

I just finished watching a great video on how to deal with this problem, a YouTube by Lisa Eldridge. If I ever decide to find a foundation that works, I now know how to go about it.

Honored Contributor

@happycat wrote:

@wilma wrote:

@Nightowlz 

@happycat 

Nothing is wrong with it, @wilma. I will just be surprised if it goes mainstream, but as I said, I have been wrong many times before and will be many times again. No doubt. 

I have not been wearing as much makeup since the mask and quarantine, and I find it freeing. To each his own.

I know have known 2 men personally who wear makeup, have no issue with them at all. One has spent the night here when he needed a place. He is a very cool person and one of my dd's best friends. Has been for years.

The other was my beautician for several years, but he has moved away, unfortunately. The best hairstylist I have ever had.

@happycat 

I don’t know if it will ever be mainstream either. I know my DH and male family members would never wear it. 

I think having a few products to cover and conceal might be something some men would want.  I think some men might be willing to wear a skin tinted SPF to even out skin tone. 

Time will tell. 

Esteemed Contributor

@wilma wrote:

@happycat wrote:

@wilma wrote:

@Nightowlz 

@happycat 

@happycat 

I don’t know if it will ever be mainstream either. I know my DH and male family members would never wear it. 

I think having a few products to cover and conceal might be something some men would want.  I think some men might be willing to wear a skin tinted SPF to even out skin tone. 

Time will tell. 

Mine wouldn't wear it either, but I think if I was a man I would be tempted, lol. Makeup makes a big difference in how I and feel. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Shanus wrote:

@happycat wrote:

Interesting, but I'm not sure I believe that I/3 of men under 40 in America would consider wearing makeup. 

@happycat   Men do purchase a lot of skincare, self-tanning products and gel type bronzers. It's a wait and see. 

@happycat  @Shanus 

I suspect there are a lot more men wearing makeup than we think. Not necessarily as much or the same as women but for work image I can definitely see it for men.