Honored Contributor

Men’s Makeup goes Mainstream with CVS Rollout.

[ Edited ]

Men's makeup is going main stream in America.  Wonder if QVC will start selling it too?

https://www.insider.com/cvs-selling-makeup-geared-towards-men-2020-6

Respected Contributor

Re: Men’s Makeup goes Mainstream with CVS Rollout.

@SeaMaiden Thank goodness we have to wear masks!!!

Respected Contributor

QV Re: Men’s Makeup goes Mainstream with CVS Rollout.

If QVC starts selling men's makeup, I'm thinking Alberti will be the host.  Looks like he wears some kind of makeup now.

Honored Contributor

Re: QV Re: Men’s Makeup goes Mainstream with CVS Rollout.

[ Edited ]

@coffee drinker wrote:

If QVC starts selling men's makeup, I'm thinking Alberti will be the host.  Looks like he wears some kind of makeup now.

@coffee drinker   Most men and women you see on TV, movies and public appearances wear makeup. The bright lighting pales them out, causes unwanted shadows and every little flaw. It especially brings out ruddiness and the natural mismatch of face and neck. 

I'm sure David and the other hosts and presenters on Q are also wearing makeup.

Esteemed Contributor

Interesting, but I'm not sure I believe that I/3 of men under 40 in America would consider wearing makeup. 

Honored Contributor

@happycat wrote:

Interesting, but I'm not sure I believe that I/3 of men under 40 in America would consider wearing makeup. 

@happycat   Men do purchase a lot of skincare, self-tanning products and gel type bronzers. It's a wait and see. 

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@happycat wrote:

@happycat   Men do purchase a lot of skincare, self-tanning products and gel type bronzers. It's a wait and see. 

I have been wrong before- I just can't see it though.

Trusted Contributor

@SeaMaiden You never know with QVC but since this is a drugstore brand I am guessing QVC will pass. But it would not surprise me if they started to sell a Prestige branded line for men.

I read that Tom Sandoval from Vanderpump Rules is involved with this brand and the launch at CVS.

Honored Contributor

I am not sure about makeup for men but if a man had a zit he wanted to cover up the makeup would come in handy.  I think skincare if very important for men and it was long overdue.  If I had the money to invest I would put it in skincare for men that is natural (meaning natural ingredients and use of essential oils).

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

I haven't heard of QVC discriminating against which gender buys their makeup: they sell makeup to all genders. But I understand what CVS is trying to do in having a male brand ambassador and marketing it to men, which seems unlikely for QVC considering their audience.