Respected Contributor

Mens feet don't bother me as long as they are clean and well groomed,same goes  for a woman....I dislike seeing armpits,on men and woman...but my biggest GROSS thing is a man in a speedo, or a thong!

Honored Contributor

@fourpaws56 wrote:

Mens feet don't bother me as long as they are clean and well groomed,same goes  for a woman....I dislike seeing armpits,on men and woman...but my biggest GROSS thing is a man in a speedo, or a thong!

Just like women in a bikini - it really depends on the body of the man in the speedo. Our YMCA swim team are all slim young men and they look fine in their speedos, just as the young, slim girls look good in their little 1 piece racing suits.

Same with armpits - young firm bodies look fine in clothing that shows their armpits - as we grow older , not so much.

Respected Contributor

thats your opinion and I respect that....at the beach i saw very fit men and women in thongs, I think it's gross

Honored Contributor

@151949 wrote:

@fourpaws56 wrote:

Just like women in a bikini - it really depends on the body of the man in the speedo. Our YMCA swim team are all slim young men and they look fine in their speedos, just as the young, slim girls look good in their little 1 piece racing suits.

Same with armpits - young firm bodies look fine in clothing that shows their armpits - as we grow older , not so much.

@151949, I don't have a problem with such body parts either. And although young bodies are considered more aesthetically pleasing to the eye, I think that older bodies have a story to tell. I'm just not grossed out either way.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Esteemed Contributor

I've never heard anyone make the suggestion that sandals shouldn't be worn in a restaurant or anywhere else in public (the suggestion was that people should wear them in their own back yards or at the pool). My area of the country is hot and humid in the summer, and it's almost a given that the majority of people will wear sandals or flip flops when out and about. While I don't study other peoples' feet, I think I can reasonably say that the majority around here keep their feet clean and toenails trimmed. My dear hubby has nice feet and that's all I care about!

Respected Contributor

So, how does everyone feel about mouths gaping open, as mine is reading this thread!  I'm stunned by all of the agression towards bare feet!  LOL  

Where I live (south Florida) everyone is in sandals year round.  Some get manicures.  Some don't.  Hopefully the feet are clean, but, quite honestly, I don't look.  I didn't know people cared so much about other people's feet!

I'm with you, @Porcelain.  I am pro men (and women) having fully functioning feet!

Valued Contributor

As long as "private body parts" are covered, I think it is up to each individual to wear what they want to wear.   There are very few people that have perfect bodies.  

As for feet, some people have fungus that is not curable and not spreadable.  Toe nails get thick and excess skin grows on their foot bed.   They can use prescription meds but it is not curable.  This does not in any fashion say that person does not try to keep their feet in good condition.  

Tank tee shirts (wife beaters) are worn by many men to work in the summer under their dress shirts and ties versus a regular tee shirt to remain cooler.  I wear them myself under garments that fall of the shoulder and used to wear them without any other item when I had a figure that was in great shape.  If you have a great figure and can pull off close fitting clothes, a man's tank tee can look really cute with the right necklace and an embellished pair of jeans.  U can get them in packs of 3 in black, gray and white for under 10 bucks. Sounds crazy but I promise you will get tons of compliments!! 

Socks with flip-flops?  Well I live near many Nascar drivers and pro football players and they wear the little socks that do not show in shoes with their Niki flip flops all the time when I see them out in public. 

Personally, very few people I have seen have perfect feet.  Bunions even at early ages, toes of various lengths that are not as should be, arthritic toes, fungus on feet and the list goes on.    I say this is your body and you do what you feel comfortable doing with it.  If it offends me, I will just ignore it as I do people wearing perfume that literally kills me if I smell it for long periods.   

We only LIVE ONCE and everyone should make the most of that short period of time as it goes Fast!!