Respected Contributor

I don't like it.  I prefer manly men.  No makeup or nail polish.

Super Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

Whatever or however a man chooses to dress doesn't faze me. And as far as I'm concerned, there is no strict definition of what it is to be a man just as there is no strict definition of what it is to be a woman.

I guess I'm new school.

I agree.

What is old school masculine/feminine?

Super Contributor

Call me old school too, but I don't like to see men wearing makeup or nail polish. I certainly don't want to be sharing my beauty products with my husband. To me that's too feminine., JMHO.

Honored Contributor

@morganjen wrote:

Adam Lambert can pull off the polish, especially in concert.

And eye liner! He has such an amazing voice!

Respected Contributor

I am old fashioned.  I like a man to be clean and groomed but no makeup or nail polish.

Valued Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@JobGirl wrote:

@september wrote:

@blackhole99 wrote:

I think if men want to wear nail polish it's ok, IM paints his toe nails , that's a little eye brow raiser for me. I just wouldn't be interested in a man who wore makeup or polished his nails. 

Not to worry, those men wouldn't be interested in you, either 

why does everything have to be about about possible romantic hookups?  

Its not about hook ups but most men who wear makeup in daily life for personal reasons  and do their nails generally  have feminine traits- and are not intertetsed in women

Your average hetero male does not consider this masculine -nor are the women who are attracted to them

why is that so hard for people to undertand or accept?

And some of us ask the same question in reverse.

and I answered as stated above

Valued Contributor

@september wrote:

@blackhole99 wrote:

I think if men want to wear nail polish it's ok, IM paints his toe nails , that's a little eye brow raiser for me. I just wouldn't be interested in a man who wore makeup or polished his nails. 

Its not very common to see men in the boardroom or on a street crew with a compact reapplying their lipstick in everyday life

Lets get real -and for most men its not only something they consider feminine and its extremely impratical in their daily lives

Some men wear nail polish and makeup yes

a small percentage -and I don't see that changing any time soon

Respected Contributor

@chiclet wrote:

I am old fashioned.  I like a man to be clean and groomed but no makeup or nail polish.

Me also.

I do like a ponytail on some men(think Steven Seagal and Ice Tea, in their younger years) and One small earring stud, only one. But no makeup or nail polish.

"Kindness is like snow ~It beautifies everything it covers"
-Kahlil Gibran
Trusted Contributor

Definitely NOT a fan of men with nail polish or makeup.  I agree wtih the OP -- I prefer men being, looking and acting like men.

Respected Contributor

@JobGirl wrote:

@september wrote:

@blackhole99 wrote:

Its not very common to see men in the boardroom or on a street crew with a compact reapplying their lipstick in everyday life

Lets get real -and for most men its not only something they consider feminine and its extremely impratical in their daily lives

Some men wear nail polish and makeup yes

a small percentage -and I don't see that changing any time soon

With the popularity of male beauty youtubers, I'd say the percentage will increase.