Super Contributor

Memorial Day please my husband

Memorial day my husband spent 3 wars and 28 years in military that is why I get so upset when all this companies sell out to China,Its okay to make money but keep it in America,Our military are fighting and dying for America.And the americans who own and sell business to china,That is just not right.And there are some people even on this forum who think it is ok.So why should our families fight and die,I just cannot understand it.Some of the companies,who have their stuff and their factories in china have out the red white and blue stuff made in china.That is not America.

Super Contributor

Re: Memorial Day please my husband

I'm sorry you're so upset. There's nothing I can post that will make you feel better. You're husband chose to stay in the military for 28 years. He and so many others fought and died so we could have many freedoms, including the freedom to choose. Just as he chose for himself and his family to live a military life, many choose to buy from all over the world.

Please know we are all thankful for all our military, past, present and future.

Beauty blogger and YTer who loves it all! Cheers, Lulu Bea aka Lulu On Beauty - Let's be FACEBOOK beauty friends!
Super Contributor

Thank you to your husband, and all men and women who have served our country and given so much!

Occasional Contributor

He served to make us a super power to police and threaten the rest of the world. The last war fought for freedom was the revolutionary war. Our freedoms have not been at stake since.
Honored Contributor

Thank you and your husband for his service. Sorry to hear you are upset but since we are free many of us have the right to a different opinion.

What I feel is morally wrong has been the way our government treats their sick Vets. The abominable conditions and situations we hear about at the Vet hospitals are inexcusable!! How can a soldier give so much of themselves and the government treats them in a poor manner in their time of need....to me that is just not right!

Honored Contributor

On 5/23/2014 Paulanerguy75 said: He served to make us a super power to police and threaten the rest of the world. The last war fought for freedom was the revolutionary war. Our freedoms have not been at stake since.

Our world would be a very different place if our soldiers didn't fight for freedom during the two world wars.

Respected Contributor

Companies outsource to China because it's cheaper-Plain & simple! It's just the way that it is. As far as our military, we shouldn't have sent troops to many places; Afghanistan, Iraq and Vietnam..........I could go on!

Esteemed Contributor

On 5/23/2014 Luvmycats said:

Companies outsource to China because it's cheaper-Plain & simple! It's just the way that it is. As far as our military, we shouldn't have sent troops to many places; Afghanistan, Iraq and Vietnam..........I could go on!

Maybe we shouldn't have sent them to those places (I really don't know and leave that to smarter people to say) but the fact is they went. They took there orders and went even if they didn't want to.

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Esteemed Contributor

My Dad is a veteran, and I have several friends who are veterans as well. Three of my sons' friends signed up for the Marines after 9/11, and served time in Afghanistan & Iraq. (One of them paid a heavy price and has never been the same.) My best friend's son did three tours in Iraq.

I think pretty much everyone has connections to people who have served or are serving in the military. And I'm also sure that we are all grateful for their bravery and for their service.

However, this is a free country and we can buy whatever products we like. I'm just not seeing the connection .Kiss

Trusted Contributor

I appreciate his service.

I wish companies didn't sell out by making cheap products in China and elsewhere. Cheap products -- and low wages paid to employees -- have made Walmart the powerhouse it is. Walmart is not alone, of course, but it is a standout.