Esteemed Contributor

This is from the Melt Cosmetics website.  It is from their "Modern Love" collection:

Screenshot (4127).png

It's an eyeliner called, "OK Boomer." 

Description says, "When they are afraid of change, but you're cutting edge and rock a bold silver wing anyway." 

"Heartburn Can Cause Cancer" -- www.ecan.org
Valued Contributor

Re: Melt Cosmetics "OK Boomer"

Well there's a cosmetic line I won't have to try.

Signed,

The generation that gave you the 60s

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Just wow 😳  "They are afraid of change"?  Whatever smug millennial marketing team that came up with that ad description needs to pick up a history book and take some time to study the history of the 60's. They may discover that the young boomers who were involved in the massive social changes that defined that decade were not so different from the the young millennials who also want change today. The Millennials didn't invent the desire for change, it's all cyclical, and change has been occurring since the dawn of time. "OK Millennials"? 
--From yours truly, a proud Boomer child of the 60's who wasn't afraid of change then and isn't afraid of change  now. ✌️❤️😊
P.S. Millennials...Not only were you not the first generation to desire change, you also were not the first generation to rock a bold winged eyeliner either. 🙄

A9E175F7-3003-49F5-BE9C-74B36E4C7D25.jpeg

EF3E8475-DBCA-47E6-80DB-01C58CF2F619.jpeg

9491184C-7848-4AFC-A90A-BEDB551AB82F.jpeg

Honored Contributor

Afraid of change?  We looked forward to being adults and supporting ourselves, marched for ERA, and ate adult food instead of mac and cheese and cupcakes.  Afraid of change?  How funny!   

We even did our own laundry!  Woman Very Happy

Honored Contributor

Also, the Boomers would be, even though we are old, a bad group to try to bully verbally.  If you trash talk us you WILL get it back in spades.  There are some pretty mean mouths in that group if harassed!  LOL!!!

Trusted Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

Also, the Boomers would be, even though we are old, a bad group to try to bully verbally.  If you trash talk us you WILL get it back in spades.  There are some pretty mean mouths in that group if harassed!  LOL!!!

That is the truth! Millennials aren't the first generation to speak up and speak out. That is what defined the 60s. ✊

Esteemed Contributor

I encourage anyone who has a problem with this to email Melt about it.  I already have.  (Not sure if I'm allowed to post the email address here, but website is Melt Cosmetics.  You can click on "Contact" at the bottom of the page to get the email address.) 

The fact that this is part of the "Modern Love" collection is just... 🤦‍♀️

I'm used to defending millennials, but the "OK Boomer" thing has turned into a hateful thing on social media.  I'm not even a boomer and I get that thrown at me on a regular basis. So much for equality and diversity.

"Heartburn Can Cause Cancer" -- www.ecan.org
Esteemed Contributor

Melt Cosmetics is an expensive indie brand of eye makeup owned by two gorgeous latina millennial women. I’ve heard about this brand plenty of times from Kat and Hailey, the Beauty News youtube aussie gals that discuss new makeup releases each week on their channel.

Melt isn’t my aesthetic at all but I think the owners were trying to be ironic with the “Ok Boomer” cream silver eyeliner shadow, but the joke fell flat. Now that Melt Cosmetics is sold in Sephora I bet that brand has to sell a lot of merchandise in order to stay there.

Makeup companies sure do put their foot in their mouth though when it comes to naming makeup items in order to create a social media buzz about their brand and Melt Cosmetics falls right into that genre — why else did they name an older eyeshadow palette “Smoke Sessions”?

Trusted Contributor

Thanks, I don't need to support a line that mocks people based on age: I'll spend my money elsewhere.

Do the math.
New Contributor

Cosmetics have variation they know very well what the fact behind their motto.