Super Contributor

Re: Mel Thompson has passed away

Daily Mail dot com has a big story on her today. Pictures of her with her 4 children. This is so very sad and shocking.

Honored Contributor

Still no word on her cause of death Smiley Sad  My heart has been heavy all day for her poor family and the community in which she lived.  I've lost a set of grandparents I was very close to even tho they live in WV.  I know this will sound crazy but I felt like one of Mel's best friends.  That's the kind of person she was.  She was able to draw you in and make you feel like her guest, like it was two friends playing with makeup.  I spent hours and hours with her trying to create her looks via her tutorials.  Totally different eye shapes so I had to make some adjustments.

There is and never will be anyone else like Mel Thompson of Smithville, TN.   I hope her family can somehow take solace in the outpouring of the YT community .  I loved her and she will remain my favorite beauty YTer.

Trusted Contributor

Mel's husband posted the following on her Instagram page.  I'm glad to see that people's posts are helping him.  It sounds like there were thousands of people who felt the same about her as some of us do.

I don’t know how many times I have said this today, but want everyone to know how much all the messages to me. I’m trying to see, read, respond to as much as I can but this really isn’t my world. Mel was so great at it. My thoughts and emotions are still all out of order, but every message I get, post I read, or comment I see of what she meant to so many of you actually puts a smile on my face. She worked so hard for all of you. She cared so much and loved all of you. I wish she could see this beautiful and amazing outpouring of love. You can continue to send them and I will try to read everything I get. It just makes me love her that much more for how amazing she was. She would tell me of things going on with people and her trying to help people, but there are so so many I didn’t even know about. She never did it to boast, or to post about it and say “look what I did for this person.” She did it all out of pure caring and love for y’all. She never wanted to be recognized for it. She only wanted to help. I love you all now, too for bringing me a piece of joy when I’m feeling my worst. Again, THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH.

Respected Contributor

Heartbreaking Rest in Peace with the Angels, MelHeart

Honored Contributor

I searched for her obit on 6 different sites listing deaths in Smithville.  Nothing.  This silence worries me Smiley Sad

Honored Contributor

I don't understand why it's important how she died.  This poor man is grieving for his wife and 4 children are without their mother.  That is what is important.    

Esteemed Contributor

I never heard of Mel. It's always sad to hear when someone so young passes away. May she RIP!!💐

Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva 

Knowing how Mel died is not going to change anything.  I know that.  She was a kindred spirit.  Even tho I've never met her, I felt close to her.  She had a way of making anyone feel that way.  Our interest and taste in makeup was alike.  I fed off her energy and kindness.  I cried when she would tell her subscribers of her physical pain and emotional issues.  When she told us her mother had Addisons.  I cried with her when their family dog died not too long ago.  I was concerned for her family when they were in an accident earlier this year.  She's just someone I "meshed" with very well.  She's been my favorite YTer for over two years.  None of this is new.  I've mentioned her here several times.  I don't see anything wrong with wanting to know what happened to her.  This silence is causing me to think things I don't want  to think Smiley Sad

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

I subscribed to Mel when she was first starting out because she had super short/shaved hair and ink yet her looks were so gorgeous and feminine/sexy. She never said a bad thing about another  YouTuber; never gave side-eye to another YouTuber; never got pulled into the YouTuber toxic beauty drama. She had a beautiful soul. I wish her family peace.

"Coming to ya from Florida"
Esteemed Contributor

I was shocked and sad when I read about Mel Thompson. She was such a lovely person and such a talented makeup artist. She really did light up the beauty community and in the early months of the pandemic she was one of my go to beauty youtubers to watch to keep me entertained when stores were not open.