Respected Contributor

Re: Meghan's Makeup for her wedding

@151949 wrote:

@San Antonio Gal Clearly you don't deal with fine hair everyday so you don't know! Those who do have baby fine hair were all nodding as they read what I posted.

@151949:  Yes, I do have very fine hair and was not nodding.  DS just got married two months ago and I made sure no stray hairs were going to get in my way LOL.  Lots of hairspray that did the trick.  Meghan had a celebrity hairdresser who did her hair, and he should have made sure no strays would happen.  It distracted from her look with all of the fidgeting of her hair.

Respected Contributor

IMO she looked liked herself and didn't try to glam it up for the wedding.  It's her and Harry's day and even though it's a national event, it should be what they want it to be.  I think that it was and that she looked beautiful!

Respected Contributor

She's a natural beauty, just like her pretty momma! She looked stunning. Harry was positively smitten when he saw her walk down the aisle. 

Honored Contributor

I ordered the Very Victoria lipstick from the Tilbury web site. $34 is more than I have ever spent or would ever spend on a lipstick. I need something special for an event next month. I hope it looks good on me.

It's described as a taupe nude.

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Honored Contributor

IMO, on a wedding day, the bride’s makeup shouldn’t look much different from her usual makeup...just amped up. Trying to add false lashes, smokey eyes, darker lips, etc. will not stand the test of time in the photos. She’d look back in 10 yrs. and have a “what was I thinking” moment. 

By the way, it takes a lot of makeup to pull off a flawless, natural look, especially for photos and tv.

Honored Contributor

I also read that Meghan is a big fan of Georgio Armani's Luminous Silk Foundation! It is my absolute favorite foundation ever! It is expensive-62.00, but it is the best I have ever tried. I am out right now and using Laura Mercier's Flawless Fusion Foundation which is really good too.....

Respected Contributor

@Greeneyedlady21 wrote:

It looked like she wore the same lipstick she always wears. It's said to be Very Victoria by Charlotte Tilbury. I'd love to try it

I thought she looked so naturally beautiful and just like herself.

I saw 3 dupes for this lipstick you might want to try.(and a tad more affordable!)

Velvet Teddy by MAC.

Urban Decay’s Uptight

Rimmel’s Notting Hill Nude

Trusted Contributor

I think she’s a woman that doesn’t need much makeup, loved her freckles! However, I think a stronger lip would’ve been very pretty....her dress was quite plain, but lovely, hair was plain, and makeup was neutral so a stronger lip would’ve been gorgeous...but Meghan did Meghan, nothing wrong with that😀

Take time every day to enjoy where you are without a need to fix it
Respected Contributor

I loved everything about her wedding day look - both at the church and in the evening.  Perfection!

Trusted Contributor

The messy look was probably intentional coz the professional photos they released (b&w) was this one...maybe she or Harry or both like this look on her. 

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle Official Wedding Pictures