Esteemed Contributor

Re: Meghan's Makeup for her wedding

I think makeup looks best when you notice the beauty of the person, not their makeup. In that respect, Meghan was pitch perfect. She looked fantastic! Her hair and makeup were absolutely perfect for the occasion.

Esteemed Contributor

@Goldengate8361 wrote:

I think makeup looks best when you notice the beauty of the person, not their makeup. In that respect, Meghan was pitch perfect. She looked fantastic! Her hair and makeup were absolutely perfect for the occasion.

Great point @Goldengate8361!  I hardly noticed her makeup,just thought how pretty she looked.

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Honored Contributor

@Goldengate8361@Katcat1@MoJoV

Yes! The natural look is in! (for such a beauty)

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Respected Contributor

I thought she was beautiful and poised. The piece of hair that escaped and sat on her forehead distracted me. But I am a bit of a perfectionist so there you go.

Honored Contributor

One more point,  when Meghan made it to the alter, Harry told her that she looked amazing.  That is a sweet and special man.  BTW, Harry looked great!   HeartCat Very Happy

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

Her natural look struck the perfect tone for a new monarchy that is less stuffy and pompous. Her groom thought she looked amazing according to lip readers.

Honored Contributor

29C66A45-E42C-4C31-B2A3-85C5D3A6068A.jpeg

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

I think when you look at someone and actually notice their makeup it is way too much. IMO makeup is supposed to enhance you - not be you. I feel Meghan did it all just right.

As for the lock of hair that escaped - she apparently has very fine hair and I can say from a lifetime of experience - fine hair is extremely difficult to pin up. It just excapes the pins. Try as you will - the hair always escapes! It's like trying to put a toddlers hair in a ponytail - it won't last!

Honored Contributor

I thought she looked classy and elegant. She has beautiful skin, no need to cover it up. I do wish she would have had more color on her lips-not darker color, just more. Becuase it was a gloss, and not a lipstick it wore off halfway through the ceremony...

But I think she is a very natural girl who does not wear a lot of makeup, and didn't want to on her wedding day either. She definitely had the lit from within look!!

Very pretty!!!!!

Honored Contributor

@151949 wrote:

I think when you look at someone and actually notice their makeup it is way too much. IMO makeup is supposed to enhance you - not be you. I feel Meghan did it all just right.

As for the lock of hair that escaped - she apparently has very fine hair and I can say from a lifetime of experience - fine hair is extremely difficult to pin up. It just excapes the pins. Try as you will - the hair always escapes! It's like trying to put a toddlers hair in a ponytail - it won't last!

@151949 wrote:

With all the products on the market, I don't believe there's nothing available to hold her hair back like you're stating.