Esteemed Contributor

Meaningful beauty Serum thoughts?

Has anyone tried the serum?  I presently use philosophy serum but it doesn't seem to be going much after years of using , 15yrs plus ,  anymore.  I was impressed with the presentation I saw yesterday on Tuesday night beauty.  Would love to hear your thoughts if you've tried it😺

Trusted Contributor

Re: Meaningful beauty Serum thoughts?

From Beautypedia:  Strengths: The company provides complete ingredient lists on their website; good fragrance-free cleanser; excellent lightweight moisturizer with SPF.

Weaknesses: Expensive; the mask contains irritating eucalyptus oil; no products to manage acne, lighten skin discolorations, or effectively exfoliate.

Beautypedia also rates some of their products.

Valued Contributor

Wow I didn't know QVC had this product line. I bought an intro kit at Ulta for $50. Out of it all, the one piece I like best is the exfoliator, which is not here. The serum they have for the same price as QVC but it's bigger with QVC. 1 oz vs 1.7 oz. 

The exfoliator is like none I have tried before but it's expensive so I won't be buying again for awhile. The serum is fine, makes my skin feel soft but that may be in conjunction with the  other product. Check at Ulta and maybe get the set to see how you like the program. Or try the serum alone but get it here, it's bigger.

Respected Contributor

I used the Youth Activating Melon Serum for many months. Although it did not make my skin red (so many products do), I saw nothing happening. I now use Kate Somerville Quench and there is a softness to my skin. Also my skin is not so dry.

Esteemed Contributor

thank you for your replies 😸. I'm going to do some research and see what I feel then.  I have sensitive skin and have to be careful.

Honored Contributor

@Kitty Galorewrote:

Has anyone tried the serum?  I presently use philosophy serum but it doesn't seem to be going much after years of using , 15yrs plus ,  anymore.  I was impressed with the presentation I saw yesterday on Tuesday night beauty.  Would love to hear your thoughts if you've tried it😺

@Kitty Galore  None of the Philosophy skincare products did anything for me except irritate my skin. Took my 4-5 products I was using to my derm to examine ingredients. Each one had an acid, or a retinol or an exfoliant. Even small % in each can have a negative result used together.  So from serums to moisturizers, I was “eating up” my skin. 

Some Philosophy products like HIAJ (at last look) still have parabens...reason alone to give up the brand and try anything else.