Trusted Contributor

Maybelline Volum Mascara - now in blue, green and plum

If this has already been posted here, please forgive me for the repeat. I looked to see if it had and couldn't find anything related so decided to mention.

I was in Walgreen's Thursday night and in the new items section, they had a display of Maybelline's Volum mascaras in three color shades - blue, plum and green. I picked up the blue to try though I am more concerned about the mascara itself working for me than the shade. I have not had much luck with drugstore mascaras.

The display was just about wiped out with only one or two of each color left so they have sold fast there. I didn't notice if it said "special or limited edition" so can't comment on that one way or the other.

I know color mascaras have been mentioned a lot here lately so thought I would post so those interested could check them out. I doubt this would be any kind of Maybelline exclusive at Walgreen's so am sure they can be found wherever Maybelline cosmetics are sold~

Valued Contributor

Re: Maybelline Volum Mascara - now in blue, green and plum

I remember back in the 80's, I used an electric blue mascara, which I believe was by Maybelline as well. Not sure if I would use blue now but maybe the plum would be nice. I have had good luck with Volum Express mascara in the past so this one might be ok.

Honored Contributor

I remember the colored mascara. I don't think they are very impactful although you would think they would be. but I am having a lot of fun with many different colors of the gel pencil eyeliners I purchased. the silver I used yesterday looked amazing!
Trusted Contributor

I used both navy and a deep plum in the past and they were very subtle. Won't know until I try this one if they are the same type of subtlety or more vibrant this time around. And yes, it is Volum Express - I looked at the package after I posted and realized I'd forgotten part of the name. Not very familiar with Maybelline products.