Trusted Contributor

Re: Maybelline The Blushed Nudes Palette

I already have the Urban Decay 3 so I'm not tempted my the Maybelline blushed set.  But I did buy the first Maybelline nudes set.  It is ok for the price,  I purchased during one  of those 40% off sales so $6.00.  I use one or two of the shades but for the deeper shades I have other sets that I prefer.  The Naked 3 was an impulse purchase and probably wasn't the best since I don't think these were the right shades for me.  But oh well, live and learn.

the lo real ones look nice but that is pretty expensive for drugstore - do they go on sale?  

Trusted Contributor

Really pretty colors in that palette and you can't beat the price.  If I didn't have several eyeshadow palettes that I never use lying around, I would definitely be getting this.

Honored Contributor

Just bought it on Amazon, with a $1.00 coupon, and free delivery for prime, perfect. It will be here on Tuesday 

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

@kjae wrote:

I believe it can also be found at Ulta, Walmart, and Amazon.  Could be wrong.

Is there any difference between IT ingredients/quality and Maybelline.  I know that many sources say the L'Oreal and Lancome quality is the same as they are the same company.

I personally believe the ingredients in the IT product are better and more beneficial.  Jamie, the owner and creator of IT Cosmetics, always comments on the fact that her eyeshadows contain no talc.  Talc is the first ingredient in the Maybelline product.  Talc is used for its anti-caking properties, but is also a cheap filler.  Some people have an issue with talc being too drying or irritating to their skin. 

Respected Contributor

In addition to the Nudes and Blushed Nudes, Maybelline has a Smokes palette with really pretty colors including some in the gray family and deeper colors than in the nude pallettes.  I got all three.  Fun.

Honored Contributor

the website shows 2 different palettes-and yes-they are different colorsHeart

CATS ARE HEAVEN SENT
Honored Contributor

@CAshopper2011 wrote:

I already have the Urban Decay 3 so I'm not tempted my the Maybelline blushed set.  But I did buy the first Maybelline nudes set.  It is ok for the price,  I purchased during one  of those 40% off sales so $6.00.  I use one or two of the shades but for the deeper shades I have other sets that I prefer.  The Naked 3 was an impulse purchase and probably wasn't the best since I don't think these were the right shades for me.  But oh well, live and learn.

the lo real ones look nice but that is pretty expensive for drugstore - do they go on sale?  

I was in CVS this morning and they actually had one of the second Loreal palette with the cooler toned colors. It sells for $19.99 but I believe if you spend over $15 you get $5 reward bucks back. I didn't buy it because I think that $20 is pricey for a Loreal palette and I also read somewhere the quality of the shadows weren't very good, kind of chalky.

Honored Contributor

I bought the blushed nudes on Amazon, very pretty set of shadows and for $8.57 including delivery I figure if after 6 months I hate it I have not lost a lot of $.

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Trusted Contributor

I see a trip to Ulta for the Urban Decay, or Sephora.  I'll go to Wal-Mart today to see if I can find the Maybelline.  Thanks!