Honored Contributor

Re: Maybe I investigate ingredients to much, but I'd still like to share my findings.

@Judaline   I'm hoping you sent it back for a refund or exchange.

Honored Contributor

Re: Maybe I investigate ingredients to much, but I'd still like to share my findings.

@Shanus wrote:

@Judaline   I'm hoping you sent it back for a refund or exchange.

Nah, I just tossed it. That batch was probably all rancid and I was so mad I didn't even feel like asking for a refund. In hindsight, well, you know of course I wish I had.

Super Contributor

Philosophy is similar. And I find that QVC’s ingredient lists are inaccurate and inconsistent. I love Amazing Grace whipped body cream. I’m trying to avoid parabens so I gave up on the perfumed body emulsion. I have been buying the TSVs every December that typically have the whipped body cream. When included in sets, the whipped body cream usually didn’t have parabens. I purchased on its own and even though the ingredient list on Q doesn’t list parabens, it had parabens. So I returned it. The ingredient list on Q for perfumed body emulsion includes parabens. But according to the ingredients for the newest holiday set, parabens aren’t listed. I want to confirm if the emulsion in the new set does or does not contain parabens. I emailed Q CS, Philosophy CS, Dara and Heidi and nobody responded.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@lindseyemmie @ilikethebubbly @StillRachB @Judaline @Shanus @Harpa @geezerette 

I just got off the phone with Tarte's CS rep. She told me the Q's website is not correct for the supersize item and the ingredient is 100% maracuja oil, nothing else. 

Honored Contributor

@StillRachB wrote:
Philosophy is similar. And I find that QVC’s ingredient lists are inaccurate and inconsistent. I love Amazing Grace whipped body cream. I’m trying to avoid parabens so I gave up on the perfumed body emulsion. I have been buying the TSVs every December that typically have the whipped body cream. When included in sets, the whipped body cream usually didn’t have parabens. I purchased on its own and even though the ingredient list on Q doesn’t list parabens, it had parabens. So I returned it. The ingredient list on Q for perfumed body emulsion includes parabens. But according to the ingredients for the newest holiday set, parabens aren’t listed. I want to confirm if the emulsion in the new set does or does not contain parabens. I emailed Q CS, Philosophy CS, Dara and Heidi and nobody responded.

I seem to remember reading or hearing them say on a presentation that philosophy has reformulated some of their products to eliminate parabens.

However, it might be that some places, including the Q, could have older stock that will be sold.  So, you could get either formulation.

Honored Contributor

It's probably difficult for the Q, or anyone else for that matter, to keep updating their website for current lists of ingredients. It's best just to look at the actual product and not to rely on what is written on the Q's website. I usually go to the product's website, in this case Tarte, and look at their ingredients. That's about the best thing anyone can do really.

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

It's probably difficult for the Q, or anyone else for that matter, to keep updating their website for current lists of ingredients. It's best just to look at the actual product and not to rely on what is written on the Q's website. I usually go to the product's website, in this case Tarte, and look at their ingredients. That's about the best thing anyone can do really.

I have actually seen that written on some websites.  

Products do sometimes change ingredients. I'm also an ingredient junkie and like collecting the ingredients in my products to compare.  That was how I found out RapidLash changed their formulation like 3 times in fairly quick succesion, removing the ingredient that actually made lashes grow in the last formulation I bought.  It made a huge differnce in how the product works.  I loved the original formulation; the last formulation I bought did nothing and I have never found anything that gave me the results of the original formula including Careprost.

My problem is, the manufacturers are making the ingredient lists smaller and smaller so that I can't read them even with my reading glasses on.  At that point I sometimes will rely on the product website for the ingredient list.  It's really hard to type when you're holding a box in one hand and a magnifying glass in the other.

Honored Contributor

Probably this us why whenever PTR sells his supersized Retinol serum, he always makes it quite clear that it is the same ingredient deck and percentage as a smaller bottle. 

Honored Contributor

I know that Marajuca oil is excellent for your facial skin and also hair and scalp.

kindness is strength
Super Contributor

@SilleeMee I also find that the ingredient lists on Philosophy’s website are inaccurate as well.