Regular Contributor

Re: May I Ask For Your Experiences With WEN?

I had the same type of issue.  My hair is short, very curly, NOT processed in any way and I rarely even use a hair dryer.  I tried a number of different varieties of WEN and found that I just could not get it rinsed out of my hair, no matter how much water I used.  It also made my scalp very itchy, probably due to the fact that I could never really get it rinsed out.  I finally gave up on finding a formula that would work for me.

Esteemed Contributor

@HeiressIn-FL - Love what WEN has done for my hair! If you are interested in trying Wen, go to the chazdean dot com site and use the product recommender to find the formula that might be right for you.

Wen has a learning curve so try not to get frustrated - while you may love the scent of a particular product, that may not give you the best performance. 

I have long wavy, curly, frizzy hair - I can now live with the waves and curls and it has tamed to frizzies!

I would not recommend buying a gallon of anything until you find your correct formula and see if you actually like wen, JMO.

Also, there is a Wen subforum under My Favorite Brand. The ladies there are wenderful and will help you through the process of how to use products, etc.

Super Contributor

I do like WEN but I use it sparingly.  I have short hair and it makes my hair much to soft and then I have to use more products to get my style to where it should be.  Also if you don't rinse, rinse, rinse your hair will look greasy - I found that out after I had finished my shower and had to rinse again... It takes time but you will get it all out of your hair.  So for me this product is not the best and I will continue to use the salon products.

Contributor

I love Wen. It took me a while to find the right one. I have longish thick hair, The Bamboo Green Tea (RIce Formula) has given me th emost dramatic results. My hairdresser can't believe it. My split ends are gone, my hair is silkier, my color lasts longer and for some reason my gray (just a few streaks) now blend in with my hair.

My hair used to be so tangled even after using high quality conditioners. Now my comb slides right thru my wet hair. I would try to find the right one for you and try a 16 oz bottle before you commit to larger sizes.

Honored Contributor

I love WEN.

I have been using it for quite a few years (no idea how long as my QVC history only goes back so far).

I can't use all of them as some give me contact dermatitis (allergic reactions) and some my hair doesn't like, but it's been a good thing for my hair.

I have color treated hair.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Super Contributor

I have used ONLY Wen for 1 year.  I am 56, have natural blonde hair.  My hair is ash blonde at the darkest and platinum at the lightest, I have some grey.  I wear it in a short pixie cut.  I tried growing it out earlier this year and was shocked at how thick and gorgeous it was.  I lost patience during an early heat wave in June and went back to my pixie.

I still use Wen and will continue to use it (Summer Honey Peach).  I have had no problems with hair loss or clogged drains.

I do take a little tupperware of it to my hairdressing appointments.  I really love the stuff.

catlvr

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

My hair is short, baby fine but plentiful, very curly, and silver (no hair coloring).  Don't need a hair dryer, just brush and air dry. 

To replenish moisture (summer is drying), I use a tiny bit of Josie Maran Argan oil and run it lightly through my hair.  A lot of product weighs curly hair down.  I don't use conditioner.  It coats my scalp and is itchy. 

Every Fall, I buy the Wen Tuscan Pear styling cream and the treatment spray from QVC and it lasts for a year.  Love those 2 products.  I just use Philosophy 3 in 1 Pure Grace for body wash and shampoo everday.  I don't like clutter in the shower stall and a myriad of products.  Some products cause rashes around my ears, but this combo is good so far. 

I always experiment with smaller sizes first when trying something new.  Sometimes, the less you do, the happier the hair. 

Contributor

I used Wen for several years- started with the Pomegranate and then switched to the Rice formulas when they came out.  My hair never looked better.  I began to develop skin issues around my neck and the tops of my ears which I attributed to exzema.  I stopped  using the Wen and my skin cleared up.  I must be having a reaction to an ingredient and there are so many, it's hard to pin down.  I am thinking it's the menthol, I don't know.  Anyway, after trying many sulfate free shampoos and dealing with hair that looks like straw, I used some of my husband's Tea Tree just to give my hair a break.  I have ordered the new Lite Rice base formula to try.  I sure hope that works for me becuase I haven't found anything else that cares for my hair like Wen does. 

Respected Contributor

@VaBelle35....I was wondering which ones work for you, I am always extra super sensitive to so many things...Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@quadmimi

I'm sensitive to a ton of stuff.

These are the ones that give me a reaction.

Fig, Mandarin Italian Fig give me the biggest and most immediate reaction.  I am allergic to fresh figs as well, in terms of dermatitis.  I can eat them with no problem, but I have to make sure if I touch them with my hands that I was my hands immediately otherwise I get a skin reaction.

Fall Tuscan Pear is not as immediate, so if I use it several days in a row or sleep in it, it's not good.  So I use this as a first cleanse only.

Everything else I've tried (and I've tried almost all of them except maybe 2 or 3 seasonals).

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN