Esteemed Contributor

@Shanus - Coty owns Max Factor

Frequent Contributor

I used to use Max Factor 2000 calorie mascara all the time. Really made my lashes fat. Wonder if they still make it. I loved it.

Trusted Contributor

@catsgalore5354 wrote:

I used to use Max Factor 2000 calorie mascara all the time. Really made my lashes fat. Wonder if they still make it. I loved it.

The Max Factor 2000 Calorie mascara is my favorite mascara of all time!  I think I still haven't recovered since I could no longer find it!  lol!  And the under eye cover that came in a tube, I've never found anything better.  Back then when it was discontinued, I thought I saw where Cover Girl took it over.  So, I have been buying the Cover Girl cover stick since then, and it's pretty good.  

Honored Contributor

@walkingal wrote:

@catsgalore5354 wrote:

The Max Factor 2000 Calorie mascara is my favorite mascara of all time!  I think I still haven't recovered since I could no longer find it!  lol!  And the under eye cover that came in a tube, I've never found anything better.  Back then when it was discontinued, I thought I saw where Cover Girl took it over.  So, I have been buying the Cover Girl cover stick since then, and it's pretty good.  

I googled Max Factor 2000 mascara and it came up available on Walmart and Amazon. It may not the the version of when it debut in 1989.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Honored Contributor

@teganslaw 

Really!  I didn't know that they had discontinued (and relaunched on Amazon).  Just checked my local WM and nothing Smiley Surprised  That's sad.

Honored Contributor

@walkingal

I also used this mascara.  When it was discontinued I switched over to Loreal. Telescopic and Voluminous

Trusted Contributor

@beckyb1012  Thanks for the info.  I'll check it out on Walmart and Amazon.

l'

New Contributor

I will be checking to see who owns the max factor line now, and where the products are made. It will be interesting to see. Hopefully, if made in the USA I will have another product choice!

I am very careful about what countries make cosmetic products, especially after watching the Netflix documentary on the conditions and actual cosmetic factory footage in China.  It was very scary and eye opening, along with seeing the interviews with individuals that purchased contaminated cosmetic dupes, and the damage to their faces. I also like to support USA made so hopefully, jobs as well. Note: also be very careful about purchasing branded cosmetics on places like Amazon. (you will sometimes see in reviews that buyers were not too sure they were the real thing).

I am hoping Max Factor will be a winner!

New Contributor

Thank You! I didn't realize it was Coty.  I noticed that after I read this and  it was stated on their site as well. I just inquired directly with Max Factor, asking where the products are made. I will post once they email me back.

Being it is Coty, and they use a variety of countries, it will be interesting to find out.