Frequent Contributor

Re: Mature skincare Products

On 2/20/2015 KatCat1 said:

Here are a few suggestions:

For dry facial skin, redness, use Marula oil as it will balance out your skin.

Once or twice a week (whatever you can tolerate) exfoliate. I use alba Botanica Hawaiian facial exfoliator which is gentle. Use Burt's Bees Blemish stick (rollerball) for your nose.

Neutrogena Pore Refining facial wash really gets the facial skin clean and will not dry your skin and will diminish look of pores and with time decrease the size.

May I ask where do you get your Marula oil? Thanks!

Honored Contributor

On 2/20/2015 poppinfresh said:

I have to agree with KatCat1. I learned about Marula oil on here a couple of months ago. I have sensitive, dry, flaky, rosacea skin that actually almost hurts sometimes and have tried litterally everything under the sun. When I read about the Marula oil, it was one of the few things I hadn't tried, so I bought some. I mix two drops in with Cerave in the tub and my face looks and feels better than it has in years. If I am extremely dry or red, I will use the oil first on my face and then the cerave over it. My face stays hydrated all day long. At night I just repeat the process after I cleanse my face is still moisturized when I wake up. I am 65 years old and oh how I wished I knew about this oil 40 years ago.

poppinfresh, I have used argan oil & maracuja oil but NOT for my facial skin anymore. You can't beat the Marula oil. I love this oil and I use it once a day at bedtime. Once in a while I use it during the day when I remove my makeup and I will not be going out. I buy acure organics marula oil (under $20).

kindness is strength
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

On 2/20/2015 balogna said:
On 2/20/2015 KatCat1 said:

Here are a few suggestions:

For dry facial skin, redness, use Marula oil as it will balance out your skin.

Once or twice a week (whatever you can tolerate) exfoliate. I use alba Botanica Hawaiian facial exfoliator which is gentle. Use Burt's Bees Blemish stick (rollerball) for your nose.

Neutrogena Pore Refining facial wash really gets the facial skin clean and will not dry your skin and will diminish look of pores and with time decrease the size.<br />

May I ask where do you get your Marula oil? Thanks!

I use acure organics marula oil. If I need a few things, $20 worth & free shpg) I buy at iherb.com (love that website as they give discounted prices) or you can buy directly from acure & receive free shpg but pay a little more for the oil.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

You sound like you would be a good candidate for the Isomers line on Evine Live.com, her formulations are expensive, but worth it if you have problematic skin.

Super Contributor

Thanks much KatCat1. I will look in to that. My skin hates argon oil...makes it even drier. Why??? I have no idea, but I love the marula oil and I use acure organics also.

Trusted Contributor

Don't want to set off the alarms here but I would recommend you see a Derm about your blackheads, especially the one you say is stubborn and you can't remove. I had a similar situation many years ago. I had a blackhead on my nose that I just couldn't remove. Turns out that it was a malignant basal cell carcinoma that had to be removed surgically.

Trusted Contributor

On 2/21/2015 gonnab said:

Don't want to set off the alarms here but I would recommend you see a Derm about your blackheads, especially the one you say is stubborn and you can't remove. I had a similar situation many years ago. I had a blackhead on my nose that I just couldn't remove. Turns out that it was a malignant basal cell carcinoma that had to be removed surgically.

I appreciate the suggestion, but I just saw my derm last Wednesday. Her only suggestion was to keep using a retinoid. I'm going to pick up the stuff to try oil cleansing today, and will probably make an appointment for a facial so I can have the darn thing extracted.

Trusted Contributor

Good - glad to hear that it isn't anything more serious.