Respected Contributor

I'll admit - I don't get it.

WHY would you want your lips to be FLAT in their color?

Is it just because someone said this is the new trend?

I have yet to find that look attractive. SHouldn't lips look moist? Maybe not super glossy all the time, but FLAT?

Like I don't get "nudes" that blend into your skin tone. I find having some COLOR to be so much more attractive.

Hyacinth {#emotions_dlg.confused1}

Respected Contributor
Something for everyone.I like a matte lip with certain looks.....a shiny with others.I can't get down with not trying different makeup looks.It's fun and if I find it's a fail,the I don't repeat...until I try it again...lol lol.
Respected Contributor

Yep, something for everyone. I love makeup and try everything, to each his own.

Trusted Contributor

I tend to agree with you, Hyacinth, but live and let live. If it doesn't hurt anyone, and it makes you happy, why not?

I tend like natural lip colors rather than the "nude" lips that blend into your skin tone. There's a right way to do nude lips and a very wrong way, as this blogger demonstrates:

http://www.samarladebeirut.net/2013/04/when-makeup-goes-wrong-nude-lips.html

Respected Contributor

I'm wearing 1 lipstick that is matte, but creamy b/c I cant stand the long wear lipsticks and I'm lucky to be able to get to a rest room 1x during my workday. I like a moist look but not too wet or sticky.

Respected Contributor

I'm all for choices and it's not for me to day don't wear them!

However, I just don't get the choice! It's not attractive to have a slash of flat color on your face.

Hyacinth {#emotions_dlg.scared}

Honored Contributor

I didn't think I would like them either, but I end up with one of my matte lipsticks often, just because they last longer. Or I start with matte and put something else on top.

Honored Contributor

Totally matte lip formulas can look absolutely stunning on young, full lips.

IMO, they do not look stunning on older, thinner lips.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

Maybe I'm misunderstanding what matte lipstick is. To me, it means glitter and shimmer free. That doesn't automatically mean it has to be dull, flat, or drying. I have several creamy, moisturizing lipsticks that are shimmer free, but I do have others that are kind of flat and dry because of the formulation, not because they lack shimmer. For those, I apply a little gloss over them.

Esteemed Contributor

I like matte very much. I don't like shine, glimmer, shimmer or the "smacky" feel of glosses.

A light swipe of a nudey pink matte is my favorite. I have naturally full lips so I prefer that over dark or bright shades that emphasize the mouth too much.

What is not attractive to one is attractive to another.