Trusted Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

@Andreatoo,

Are the Cailyn and Jeffree Star cf?

@SilleeMee I don't know about cruelty free but those two brands are expensive choices for a sight unseen purchase, $30 to >$80 on Amazon.    It will be interesting to see what everyone who tries them thinks of them.  

Esteemed Contributor

I'm another one who recommends colourpop.  They're $5.00 each, you can get an instant coupon and SOMETIMES they offer free s/h.  They had free s/h from Thurs-Sun.  

Keep Your Face To The Sunshine and You Will Not See The Shadow
Honored Contributor

@CoG wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

@Andreatoo,

Are the Cailyn and Jeffree Star cf?

@SilleeMee I don't know about cruelty free but those two brands are expensive choices for a sight unseen purchase, $30 to >$80 on Amazon.    It will be interesting to see what everyone who tries them thinks of them.  

@CoG thanks for the heads up on the price. I think I will pass on those, lol.

Honored Contributor
@HappyDaze @CoG @SilleeMee
I don't know where you're looking but neither are $30 to $80! I purchase Jeffree Star for $18 and the Cailyn was a 3 pack for under $30 on evine. No they're not drug store prices but they're not outrageous either and they're great quality
Honored Contributor
The single Cailyn's are $19 on evine. Apparently they're out of the 3 pack but I highly recommend them when they come back
Honored Contributor
Both are made in America and both are cruelty free
Honored Contributor

Thanks for the clarification @Andreatoo! That isn't a bad price.

Honored Contributor

okay so I went to Walgreens today and they did not have the Jordana liquid lipsticks but the modern matte ones @SilleeMee recommended were on sale 2 for $4 so I tried two- the Tease and the adorable one (they didn't have all the choices- only about 6). I only tried it once but they are not very flattering colors on me individually but mixed they look much better and I found that if I apply them and then blot them real well, they look much better and more natural. For only $4 total, it isn't a big deal that they didn't look the best, lol. 

I would like to try the liquid lipstick one @Andreatoo mentioned but will have to try to find them.

Super Contributor

I love the long wearing matte liquids from Stila. They aren't kidding. They stay on all day! You can get this trio from Ulta right now for $20.00. All very pretty nude shades. There's also another trio that has a pretty deep berry, purply color, and a red. 

stila Naturally Nude Stay All Day Liquid Lipstick Set

While I breathe, I hope - - South Carolina
Honored Contributor

Believe it or not, e.l.f. has matte lip pencils in exactly the colors you are talking about.  I own two and they are great for $3.  I bought mine at iherb.com

kindness is strength