Honored Contributor

Re: Matte lipstick recs?

[ Edited ]

@HappyDaze

I found a single color at Kmart last night!

Haven't been in there in literally decades and it was just sad! ****** on the floors, empty shelves, etc. and the employees gave new meaning to the word apathetic...

I did purchase the single unit because it was the color I was looking at anyway.

Stopped in to Walgreens on the way home and picked up the same modern mattes (2 for 4) that you did! I bought the adorable and the caliente. I like the colors (and the price!) but I find the consistency to be hard. They do have staying power BUT still transfer 10 minutes later! (my husband is wearing it now too)

Honored Contributor

@Andreatoo wrote:

@HappyDaze

I found a single color at Kmart last night!

Haven't been in there in literally decades and it was just sad! ****** on the floors, empty shelves, etc. and the employees gave new meaning to the word apathetic...

I did purchase the single unit because it was the color I was looking at anyway.

Stopped in to Walgreens on the way home and picked up the same modern mattes (2 for 4) that you did! I bought the adorable and the caliente. I like the colors (and the price!) but I find the consistency to be hard. They do have staying power BUT still transfer 10 minutes later! (my husband is wearing it now too)

@Andreatoo yep, that sounds like the Kmarts I remember from 20+ years ago! Geez, still haven't changed and they wonder why they've gone downhill?? Anyway, I will have to try to find one around here and see if I can find the liquid ones. Yes, the Jordana ones are hard, not really loving the consistency. LOL about your hubby, I am sure he is thrilled.

Honored Contributor

Re: Matte lipstick recs?

[ Edited ]

@MercysMom that trio looks really pretty! I will have to see if my ulta has them and check them out. Thanks!

ETA: Sephora and Ulta has this set too which I might like better and gift the more bolder, red color:

Image result for Stay All Day, Sparkle All Night Liquid Lipstick and Glitterati Top Coat

Honored Contributor

@HappyDaze and @SilleeMee

the Jordana modern matte was mostly gone by 2:00 pm when I went to lunch and reapplied.

It's not a deal breaker, especially for the price and considering there are many others, some much more expensive, that DON'T last even a few hours..

I think the liquids in general have more staying power than the traditional lipsticks. I'll make a point of wearing the Jordana Sweet Creme tomorrow to confirm

Super Contributor

@HappyDaze

Yes, I saw the larger set too. It is pretty. The individuals are $24.00 and come in a pretty range of colors. The tubes in the sets are smaller than the individuals, but I like that. Afraid the large ones might dry up in the time it would take me to use them up. That's a great idea about gifting the ones you won't wear. I'm wearing the Patina (in swatches) today and it's a really pretty neutral/pink shade.

While I breathe, I hope - - South Carolina
Frequent Contributor

Try the Gen Nude liquid matte lipcolors by Bare Minerals.  Flattering shades and they last a long time.