Trusted Contributor

Matte Bronzer for Fair Skin

[ Edited ]

Needing help with finding a matte bronzer for fair skin. I used one made by Pur Minerals for years until it was discontinued. I tested one from Clinique and one from Smashbox at Ulta; both of them looked like opaque, dark chalk on my face. Both of them were also more than I cared to spend. I'm open to suggestions. Many thanks!

Trusted Contributor

Re: Matte Bronzer for Fair Skin

[ Edited ]

I use Laura Geller Bronze N Brighten. It is baked and looks great on fair skin. Check out her website or maybe Q has it right now. 

Honored Contributor

Physicians Formula Butter Bronzer - Light

9FF17E52-7DF4-4D25-A012-FDAF14F19537.jpeg

Honored Contributor

@Duckncover 

I agree with @JeanLouiseFinch suggestion of PF Butter Bronzers.  I don't use them but they are highly regarded for their bronzers and inexpensive.

Honored Contributor

@Quinny - DD is really fair and she likes Laura Geller's Tahitian Glow. I'm fair to light and although I don't wear bronzer much, when I do I like Bobbi Brown' s Antigua. @Shanus can help you more with this  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Milani makes a great bronzer that I really like.  Its carried at Ulta or you can find it on their website  Very reasonably priced too.

Esteemed Contributor

I use Physicians Formula Butter Bronzer in bronze shade, which is light. Nice quality for a reasonable price. 

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Respected Contributor

FWIW, if you are at all sensitive to fragrance, do not get the Physicians Formula Butter Bronzer. It has a definite smell that many like but I absolutely cannot stand.  

Honored Contributor

@Quinny wrote:

Needing help with finding a matte bronzer for fair skin. I used one made by Pur Minerals for years until it was discontinued. I tested one from Clinique and one from Smashbox at Ulta; both of them looked like opaque, dark chalk on my face. Both of them were also more than I cared to spend. I'm open to suggestions. Many thanks!

@Quinny   Not sure if your skin is dry or oily, but I like a cream bronzer. I use any stick foundation that's several shades darker than my skin and more in a brownish/almond tone.

Honored Contributor

@beach-mom wrote:

@Quinny - DD is really fair and she likes Laura Geller's Tahitian Glow. I'm fair to light and although I don't wear bronzer much, when I do I like Bobbi Brown' s Antigua. @Shanus can help you more with this  Smiley Happy

@beach-mom   I'm quite fair and the BB Antiqua is more pink than bronze. I use it as blush.