Honored Contributor

Re: Matte Bronzer for Fair Skin

Is phys formula safe with talc and mica in them?

Faith is the strength by which a shattered world shall emerge into the light. —Helen Keller
Honored Contributor

@CherryHugs wrote:

Is phys formula safe with talc and mica in them?

From the PF site:

Hypoallergenic. Paraben Free. Gluten Free. Dermatologist Tested. Vegan. Cruelty Free.

They are safely used in many beauty products.  You're going to have to make your own call on that.  I don't look at talc as a dangerous ingredient in beauty product, but more of a cheap ingredient so it's annoying when some brands use it then charge an arm and leg for it.  Besides, the bronzer isn't going to be used "downstairs".

Respected Contributor

I just received an email from Victoria Beckham Beauty that she has a matte bronzer palette available.  Her products are fairly expensive, but have a lot of color payoff and feel wonderful.  I don't wear bronzer so didn't check further.

If my dog doesn't like you, neither do I.
Respected Contributor

The Milani matte bronzer in color #1 or the LOreal Lumi Bronzer both work great on my light skin.

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Trusted Contributor

Thanks for all of your suggestions. I forgot to mention I'd also tried Physician's Formula Butter Bronzer, my skin became red and itchy. A reaction I have to all PF products I've tried.  I love the Bobbi Brown pinkish blush/bronzer...wish it was in my budget. My search continues, your suggestions are still more than welcome!

Trusted Contributor

Hi @Quinny 

I am also fair.  I have used and liked Bare Minerals warmth in the compact (not the loose minerals) and Laura Gellar bronze and brighten.  

Respected Contributor

I recently tried ELF putty bronzer. I bought the lightest shade, but it’s too light for my light to medium complexion. (But gracious, the swatch looked dark!). After I got the right shade, I like it a lot. I think the lighter shade would work fine for a fair complexion.
Honored Contributor

Charlotte Tilbury has a Filmstar Bronze and Glow in light to med.  You can buy the mini for $29.  I have this.  It's very pretty on.  It can be built up if you want but goes on very soft.  Doesn't have that yellow undertone so many brozners have.  Highlighter melts into your skin.

FILMSTAR-BRONZE-&-GLOW---PACKSHOT---OPEN-NEW

CT-FILMSTAR-BRONZE AND GLOW-02-SWATCHES-PRINT

Esteemed Contributor

The undertone of your skin matters.

I buy neutral foundations because some cool foundations are too pink on me and some warm are too yellow...but I lean cool on my face and warm on my neck.

I prefer the Milani Silky Matte Bronzer in the "02 Sun Kissed" shade (there is a lighter shade, but the "02 Sun Kissed" shade has a cooler undertone that works better for me). 

I apply the Milani bronzer after setting my face with powder (easier to blend it out on a set base).  I use the Sonia Kashuk Tapered Powder Brush to get a light application.  The Milani bronzer and the Sonia Kashuk brush can be found at Target.

If you have a warm undertone, you might like the lighter shade of the Milani bronzer.

"Heartburn Can Cause Cancer" -- www.ecan.org