Esteemed Contributor

Re: Matrixyl or Glutathiosome

Isn't the Glutathiosome more of a topical antioxidant? And the Matrixyl acts more like an AHA or retinol? In which case, two completely different things, and you probably might notice more of an effect with one over the other? 

Esteemed Contributor

@Harpa wrote:

Isn't the Glutathiosome more of a topical antioxidant? And the Matrixyl acts more like an AHA or retinol? In which case, two completely different things, and you probably might notice more of an effect with one over the other? 

You are perfectly correct on this @Harpa. Glut is antioxidant, when Matrixyl-4 works on skin repair  (slightly differently in each of it's 4 different forms) 

We CAN'T compare these two products. 

Trusted Contributor

@Shelbelle wrote:

Glut. did nothing for my skin. 

Same here. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I started using the glutathiosome several years back when it first came out.  I used it at night back then and the first night that I used it, I woke up the next morning and couldn't believe how soft and supple my skin felt.  I still use it once a day, but now in the morning.  I have not tried the new prev-corr version yet, since I'm using up the last of my gluta plus product.  It sounds like several people are not seeing results from the new version of it.  I'm just happy with where my skin is at and will keep on using what I'm using until that changes.

ITA with @Harpa and @sonechko that the products do different things.  I use both and could probably not choose if I had to (just like who is your favorite child?)

Trusted Contributor

@Linmo wrote:

@lucky-girl Manuela has always said that if she were on a desert island and could only have one product, it would be the glutatiosome.

@Linmo @lucky-girl Hands down, best product.  If I could only have one it would be the glutatiosome. 

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@lucky-girl wrote:

Need to compare the two.  Could use some help...thanks

@lucky-girl - You need both actually or at least a good antioxidant (if not for glutathione) in addition to matrixyl. If you are using matrixyl, you do not need retinol. Matrixyl replaces retinol without the sensitivity. Glutathione works on skin brightness more so on stretch marks than age spots, prevent oxidative damage, etc.

If you are curious about Isomers 4-Pur, it has 4 different matrixyl' s. You can watch old videos for more info on each. Matrixyl & matrixyl morphomics are revolutionary imo, matrixyl original being a breakthrough in skincare industry. Matrixyl morphomics works on the vertical lines. I think Isomers has 20% total of these 4 forms. 

If I had to pick a single anti aging ingredient, I would pick a product w/ matrixyl(original)over glut. I do own both though. 4-Pur am & pm, glut am only. It's a personal choice based on your skin care needs. 

Valued Contributor

Ty very helpful post

Honored Contributor

So the shelf life for the large Matrixyl-4 special should have a 2 yr shelf life from now or after you open it?

I have 3 sets of the serum with cream & 1 large bottle of serum plus the large pump bottle of cream.

I don't want to have more than I can use up??? LOL!!!

I also don't want to be without this stuff but don't want to pay full price.

I like the Deep Crease too. I don't know how it works on deep creases since I don't have any. I started using it after I heard Manuela say it works for lifting which it really does. It works for me.

I bought 2 of the large pump bottles.

Esteemed Contributor

@Nightowlz wrote:

So the shelf life for the large Matrixyl-4 special should have a 2 yr shelf life from now or after you open it?

I have 3 sets of the serum with cream & 1 large bottle of serum plus the large pump bottle of cream.

I don't want to have more than I can use up??? LOL!!!

I also don't want to be without this stuff but don't want to pay full price.

I like the Deep Crease too. I don't know how it works on deep creases since I don't have any. I started using it after I heard Manuela say it works for lifting which it really does. It works for me.

I bought 2 of the large pump bottles.

@Nightowlz  Isomers UNOPENED products shelf life is 3 years and opened about 1 year, according to Manuela. Cat Happy