Super Contributor

Needing some suggestions on a mascara that doesn't flake off. I've always used Cover Girl brand but it always seems to flake off and then I have black specs under eyes and above my eyelid under my brows.?

One that you can buy at Target or Walmart. I'd rather not order online.

Don't really want a waterproof since it's hard on the lashes.

Honored Contributor

I like L'Oreal mascaras.  Have heard Essence makes good ones too.  Maybelline Sky High is good.

Honored Contributor

I think all mascara flakes, but my fav is L'oreal waterproof.

Honored Contributor

@crazy4bears 

You need to look for a tubing mascara. Maybe someone here knows if there is a drugstore tubing mascara. I know there used to be because before I started wearing false eyelashes I tried a tubing mascara from the drugstore.  Caliray is one you can find at Sephora. I bought it for my granddaughter for Christmas and she liked it. I don't know if this will help but I lightly powder just right under the bottom lashes to keep from getting it any transfer.

Super Contributor

I like Burt's Bees mascara.  I like that they also make it in a brown/black, which I prefer to black mascara. It goes on easily with a natural look.

Trusted Contributor

I've been using My Amazing Lashes by Wowcombo.  I think I may have gotten it at Ulta.  But I see Walmart carries it too.  And Amazon, though you do mentioned you did not want to order it online.

I had stopped wearing mascara for a while.  Recently I started using it again and I grabbed a tube.  I actually thought it was the Lancome in the chubby tube.  It was My Amazing Lashes.  I've been wearing this mostly everyday.  And one or 2 coats and my lashes look great.

My Amazing Lashes Mascara

Honored Contributor

I just got the Sephoira brand of mascara and have no issue.

Respected Contributor

I like Butter London but only when I can get it on sale for 10$...that to me is even a lot for mascara and yep they all flake after a while.

@monicakm I was going to try one of those tubing mascaras but my lashes are long and I was afraid I would look hideous.  I don't like that false eyelash look and the girl at Ulta said "well then it would not be for you because it does make lashes look longer"

I'm always wiping mascara off the wand with a paper towel because its just too much.

Esteemed Contributor

L'Oreal Voluminous. It comes in both regular and waterproof versions.

My go to DS mascara for years and still under $10. I use the regular formula. 

Honored Contributor

So you're not wanting any length. It's been a long time since I've bought mascara for anything other than my bottom lashes but the L'Oreal Voluminous mascara is one of the top rated drugstore mascara is for volume.