Contributor

Mascara that doesn't go everywhere

Need help, I've bought from low end to high end mascara  when I first put it on and look away from mirror ( magnifying) to put mascara up when I look back it has went under my eyes not flake just like smear ,what am I doing wrong? HELP PLEASE 

is there not one out there that really works 

Re: Mascara that doesn't go everywhere

I have really oily skin including eyelids which most mascaras cannot handle.  Julep makes the BEST mascara and it holds up to my oiliness!! 

Tips for gorgeous lashes:

- apply to top lashes only

- allow to dry in between coats

- try not to close your eyes or blink while the mascara dries

- keep an eye on your lashes as they dry to figure out what is causing them to smear.  

Julep mascara is not waterproof so it's easy enough to remove it.  If they still smear get a cotton swab with micellar water and clean up the smear.  

Best of Luck!!

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Honored Contributor

Eyelash primer might do the trick by helping the mascara adhere and stay on the lashes. There are may brands to choose from.

Respected Contributor

Are you using a setting spray of any kind on your face? Or a shine product on your hair? Either of them can make your mascara smear.
Respected Contributor

I have had very good luck with Estee Lauder Double Wear mascara. Never flakes or smears. It is a little drier than most mascaras and maybe does not go on as thick and plush but it stays put.

Respected Contributor

I use IT Cosmetic Tightline on my lower lashes (Waterproof) and Tarte Lights Camera Lashes (Purple tube) on upper (3 coats, let each coat try a tad) been doing this for YEARS, I always have people asking me what I use.

Respected Contributor

I use MAC Gigiblsck lash Mascara on my bottom lashes. I saw a tip on YouTube about applying a setting powder to your under eye and this will help with traveling and smearing mascara. Mascara on the lower lashes smears because of the oils or liquid products on your under Eye area, so it makes sense that using a good setting powder would help. It works for me. It’s worth a try. 

Honored Contributor

@tippygirl,Are you putting mascara on your bottom lashes?

I can't because it WILL be all over my upper cheek, so I line under my eyes.

Contributor

Thanks to everyone that sent suggestions,I will try some of these no I don't put on bottom lashes,

hopefully one will work