Honored Contributor

Re: Mascara technique question? Upper lid smudges

I bought this mascara. Although I thought the mascara was just okay, I loved the little brush that they say to use on your lower lashes. I saved the brush and it  works wonderfully on all my lashes, upper and lower. Use it to apply other brands of mascara.

maybellinebigeyes.jpg

Super Contributor

I have zero problem applying mascara. Maybe because I just put it on and don't try anything cute

Honored Contributor

I apply my mascara first so if I get a smudge I can get it off with a q tip.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Porcelain,     I don't share your problem but maybe try a thinner brush.  Thinner brushes on a whole make your lashes look much longer.  Perhaps lighly powder your upper lids too.  Good luck.  Cat Very Happy

kindness is strength
Esteemed Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

I bought this mascara. Although I thought the mascara was just okay, I loved the little brush that they say to use on your lower lashes. I saved the brush and it  works wonderfully on all my lashes, upper and lower. Use it to apply other brands of mascara.

maybellinebigeyes.jpg

I love this idea. I could use it with all my mascaras where the wand is to long. I might have to give this a try. 

Honored Contributor

Make sure that the excess at the tip of the wand is wiped off inside the tube before applying the wand to your lashes. I don't use the spoon technique but I think it's an interesting idea.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Respected Contributor

Years ago. I think I heard Mally suggest that you cut out a half circle piece of paper and position it behind the upper ( even lower ) lashes to keep your shadow free of marks.

Seems it is a take on an earlier poster's " spoon " idea.

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill