Esteemed Contributor

Re: Mascara suggestions for over 50 lashes

Blinc, which is a tube mascara. I buy it at the salon where i get my hair done but it may be available in department stores or online. It doesn't end up under my eyes by 3:00 p.m., but comes off like a dream with warm water when you want it to. That's why I love it. Makes my lashes look fuller, not necessarily longer.
Regular Contributor

On 5/4/2014 Kind1too said:
On 5/4/2014 Cat From TN said:

My lashes are sparse and short since I've hit "middle age". What is a good mascara that will give me some length? TIA

When I first read the title of you post, I thought "who would count their eyelashes?" {#emotions_dlg.lol}

All I seemed to see was "for over 50 lashes".

{#emotions_dlg.w00t}

Honored Contributor

Never waterproof--tears up one's lashes!!

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Honored Contributor

On 5/4/2014 Cat From TN said:

Do you ladies suggest waterproof, er no?

no--too harsh on lashes--too difficult to remove

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Respected Contributor

I'm 55 and the only one that actually works for me is Mally's Volumizing (white tube). No other mascara does for me what this does.

Respected Contributor

Tova is supposed to be good for volume. I use Careprost 2-3x a week and Lancôme Cils Booster then Hypnose mascara over. I never have raccoon eyes, long lashes and they aren't crispy critters either.

Honored Contributor

I am loving a few these days

1-Bobbi Brown Smoky Lash Mascara

2-It Cosmetics Mascara and Tightline!

3-Too Faced Better Than S*****e********x mASCARA

4-Givenchy's Noir 4 in 1

I alternate between these and love them all,soft lashed yet great lengthening and easy to remove, so no lost lashes!!!!!!!

Regular Contributor

My favs are SKINN mascara and also Tarte. They are paraben free Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

I'm almost 59 and most mascaras seem to cause my lashes to break off and fall out. The only one I've had good luck with is Tarte's Lights Cameras Lashes. QVC has always carried a two pack but they recently carried a 3 pack A229332 which is a great deal if it is still available. Some people have complained that it dries up fast but I once saw Maureen say you can add a little water or maracuja oil to it and it does last a long time. I do put on lots of layers, maybe 3 or so and use the tip to fan out my lashes. I also use SkinActives Lash and Brow serum which only costs about $9.00. This combination gives me beautiful long full lashes with lots of volume.

QVC lost a lot of my posts too!
Trusted Contributor

I'm 54 and my lashes are also getting much more sparse then when I was much younger. I have used Lancome since my early 20's. In between I have tried others, but always go back to Lancome. Definicils is a definite. Hynose Drama is also excellent. I do also use the lash primer with the mascara. A bit pricey but worth it for me. Clinique is also pretty good.