Respected Contributor

I didn’t want to hijack the dry bar mascara thread, but I am still looking for a mascara that won’t flake by the end of the day. I’ve used drugstore, mid range brands and the three that have worked for me have all been discontinued over the years. I’ve tried the highly recommended Full and Soft twice, have promised myself not to do it again LOL.

Any suggestions for a drugstore brand? I don’t even care about clumping, can deal with that by combing through it but I hate those tiny black flecks at the end of the day. I doubt anyone can even see them under my glasses, but they bug me. I like a very natural look, I only applied one light coat. My all-time favorite product was a Neutrogena lash tint, long gone.

Trusted Contributor

@tucsongal wrote:

I didn’t want to hijack the dry bar mascara thread, but I am still looking for a mascara that won’t flake by the end of the day. I’ve used drugstore, mid range brands and the three that have worked for me have all been discontinued over the years. I’ve tried the highly recommended Full and Soft twice, have promised myself not to do it again LOL.

Any suggestions for a drugstore brand? I don’t even care about clumping, can deal with that by combing through it but I hate those tiny black flecks at the end of the day. I doubt anyone can even see them under my glasses, but they bug me. I like a very natural look, I only applied one light coat. My all-time favorite product was a Neutrogena lash tint, long gone.

I have also tried many different mascaras...high end and drug store...and always come back to Maybelline Great Lash..Lots of Lashes.  It’s the one with the pointed brush.  It has been around forever...so it must have a following.  It doesn’t flake or smudge on me, so I am sticking with it.  I can’t see spending too much money on name brands that don’t   

work any better than this.  

Super Contributor

LE VOLUME DE CHANEL

Respected Contributor

What I always return to is Lancome Definicils. 

I like many other mascaras, but this one never lets me down, and one coat gives the best natural lash look I've found, doesn't flake or clump on me, and comes off easily. 

Even though it doesn't claim to be waterproof I've never had runny smudgy  mascara from running eyes and allergy tears with Definicils.

Occasional Contributor

Cover Girl Professional Remarkable. The tube is purple in color. I have used it for years. No flake problem for me. 

Respected Contributor

@bonappetit wrote:

LE VOLUME DE CHANEL

Awesome mascara!

Honored Contributor

@tucsongal wrote:

@tucsongal   I’ve used L’Oreal Voluminous (not waterproof) for many years. I toss it faithfully every 3 months because of bacteria and also when mascara begins to dry out in the tube, it has more of a tendency to flake.

Honored Contributor

Try using a primer first before you apply the mascara?

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Trusted Contributor

Avon Wash Off Waterproof Mascara. It's been around for years and is highly rated. Not from a drugstore, but reasonably priced.

Honored Contributor

@tucsongal  Here are my suggestions:

Drugstore - Maybelline.  I recently purchased the newest mascara for their line.  Snapscara which comes in black, brown, purple, blue and one other color.  It's washable.  I have not experienced clumping nor flaking.

High EndSmiley Tongue  Bobbie Brown has excellent mascaras.  Also, for a little less Origins Fringe Benefits is very good.

kindness is strength