Respected Contributor

Thank you everyone for a your replies. I have some research to do! I forgot to specify that I don’t like waterproof(none were mentioned). I had not thought of a lash primer but to be honest, I probably wouldn’t add an extra step, but I will keep it in mind if I can’t find something. I’ve been using Buxom for the past year and it’s OK, but still flakes at times. Maybe it’s just my lashes and something I have to put up with. I don’t want them crazy thick, just want them to show up LOL.

Respected Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@tucsongal wrote:

I didn’t want to hijack the dry bar mascara thread, but I am still looking for a mascara that won’t flake by the end of the day. I’ve used drugstore, mid range brands and the three that have worked for me have all been discontinued over the years. I’ve tried the highly recommended Full and Soft twice, have promised myself not to do it again LOL.

Any suggestions for a drugstore brand? I don’t even care about clumping, can deal with that by combing through it but I hate those tiny black flecks at the end of the day. I doubt anyone can even see them under my glasses, but they bug me. I like a very natural look, I only applied one light coat. My all-time favorite product was a Neutrogena lash tint, long gone.

@tucsongal   I’ve used L’Oreal Voluminous (not waterproof) for many years. I toss it faithfully every 3 months because of bacteria and also when mascara begins to dry out in the tube, it has more of a tendency to flake.

——————————

I’m like you and always toss a mascara after three months. L’Oreal Featherlash was my go to for years, alas gone too soon 😁

Respected Contributor

My new fave is Exhibitionist by Cover Girl

Harmonize the World
Respected Contributor

@fairydogmother wrote:

My new fave is Exhibitionist by Cover Girl

———————————

The other mascara that worked for me and was discontinued I believe was Lash Exact length by CG in the purple tube. Probably if I started using the iconic green and pink Great Lash, it would get discontinued 😁.

Respected Contributor

@tucsongal  Jordana Great Lash Extreme is a DS Brand suggestion.

Honored Contributor

Re: Mascara help wanted

[ Edited ]

@Kabella wrote:

@tucsongal  Jordana Great Lash Extreme is a DS Brand suggestion.

That would be my pick also. It's inexpensive, really good, top rated and not waterproof. I found out about here on this forum. Been using it ever since.

@Kabella 

What is a 'DS Brand' ?

Respected Contributor

@SilleeMee  DS is Drugstore. 

Honored Contributor

Thanks! @Kabella  Duh!!Woman LOL

Honored Contributor

Not drugstore, but Benefit They're Real.  Good one coat application.  No flaking.  And, the best part is you can get it off with Huggies Baby Wipes.

Respected Contributor

OP if you want a soft natural look from the drugstore, Neutrogena healthy mascara will fit the bill.  Very natural, no flaking, no smudging.  I believe there are two choices, volume or length. I don't remember which one I have.