Honored Contributor

Re: Mascara help - Tarte's Light Camera Lash's has changed :(

And to @RespectLife's point, I see 2 recs for IT Super Hero and this was one of the worst mascaras I have ever tried.  LOL  I rarely have a problem with mascaras flaking into my eyes but Super Hero did just that.  My contacts bothered me all day and when I took them out at night, there were black specks floating in my solution from that mascara.  I tossed the tube in the trash.   

Honored Contributor

I tried the Tarte's LCL for awhile but also found that it flaked and seemed to dry out quickly, so I went back to Lancome's Defencils. I start out with a coat of IT Tightline, then one coat of Defincils.  Lately, I have had some problem with the Defencil's packaging, but not the product.  For some reason the inner tube will come out of the outer tube with the brush.  Usually, I can push it back in and it stays put though.  I have been tempted to try SuperHero, but I think it's the presentations that turn me off.  If I'm remembering correctly the girls in the presentations have ridiculous looking lashes.  

I DO like the tiny brushes.  The last thing I want is a big fluffy brush because for sure it'll get on my eyelids.  Defencils has a middle of the road size brush.  

Respected Contributor

I always thought the gifted Amazonian clay mascara was better than lights, camera, lashes.  

Valued Contributor

@Grouchomarx wrote:

I always thought the gifted Amazonian clay mascara was better than lights, camera, lashes.  

I agree @Grouchomarx.  I stock up on the Tarte gifted mascara when Ulta has their 20% off sale.  

Honored Contributor

@SandGirl  I hate when beauty cos. change formulas and unfortunately, they do it all the time.  I remember quite a few women swore by Lancome Definicils mascara.  It comes in a travel size for $13 if you want to try out.  Anyway, it is their number one mascara.  Good luck.  Personally, I wear Origins Fringe Benefits.

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

@laurelei  I have never tried the Gifted, have you tried both? If so, can you try to explain the diff? Maybe I will give the gifted a whirl

Valued Contributor

@SandGirl sorry for the delayed response.  I've been very busy this week and haven't checked the board.  I have used LCL and liked it but I find the Gifted mascara to be a bit drier formula which, for me, causes less clumping.  They are both excellent mascaras and the only way you'll find out if you like Gifted better is to try it out.  Good luck!  

Trusted Contributor

@SandGirl 

Hi,  I was like you, Tarte, then Josie, then Belle Beauty by Kim Gravel, I tried it from the 1st show.

I've tried $-$$$$.  Belle Beauty by Kim Gravel is the best, wears long, doesn't flake, clump, smear, lashes stay soft and healthy, long, really nice, not spiderlike, fake looking, or crunchy. 

If you try it, do the 3 pumps like she says. 

Cat Very HappyHeartCat Very Happy

FURBABIES ARE THE BREATH OF LIFE