Regular Contributor

I used to wear eyeliner on my lower lash line, an eye pencil. Lately I've found that just mascara gives me the definition I want and doesn't look as harsh as an eyeliner can.

I use a volumizing mascara in black on my top lashes, but I'd don't want volume or black on my lower lashes. I'd rather go with a brown color, and with a small brush.

Anyone have any suggestions on a brown mascara to use on my lower lashes (preferably that doesn't flake or run!)?

Thank you all!

Trusted Contributor

Re: Mascara for lower eyelashes

I only use Clinique bottom lash. the tiny little brush is perfect to get the lashes without making a mess and it's only $10.

Honored Contributor

I don't use mascara on my bottom lashes because I realized t makes my dark circles look darker but I know when I did, I liked Maybelline Lash Discovery because the brush is tiny and gets all the lashes.

Super Contributor

My two favorite mascaras (and I have tried many) are Almay and Maybeline in the pink tube.

I know Almay comes in brown, not sure about Maybeline.

I know what you mean about using black on the lower lashes. I frequently use plum or purple mascara, and regularly use one of these on my lower lashes.

Michele

Honored Contributor

On 1/22/2015 Jerseygirl1266 said:

I only use Clinique bottom lash. the tiny little brush is perfect to get the lashes without making a mess and it's only $10.

This or Blinc mascara. The original Blinc mascara comes in brown, has a narrow brush, and is one of the only mascaras that doesn't smudge on my bottom lashes. It defines them without adding a lot of volume or length.

Respected Contributor

Love my Clinique!
Super Contributor

Totally agree, the Clinique bottom lash mascara is the best I've ever used! Little tiny brush, plus comes in black or brown. Never smears! Wonderful stuff.

Esteemed Contributor

'They' say mascara on the bottom lashes ages a person- but I think it looks off when only the top lashes have mascara. It's a great idea to use a different shade on the bottom, love these posts!!

Respected Contributor

You could also try just using a lighter color pencil liner on your bottim lash line. It won't look as harsh as black or dark brown. You could even use something with a little color, like purple or navy or taupe.

Laura loves cats!
Trusted Contributor

On 1/22/2015 LipstickDiva said:

I don't use mascara on my bottom lashes because I realized t makes my dark circles look darker but I know when I did, I liked Maybelline Lash Discovery because the brush is tiny and gets all the lashes.

This is what I use, too! It is just perfect for finding every little bottom lash!