Occasional Contributor

I notice most of the time the models demonstrating mascara are wearing eye liner, sometimes a thick line of it. Maybe it's just me, but that makes it hard to see just how well the mascara applies.  Does anyone else wish models without liner would do the demonstrations?

Thanks!

Honored Contributor

No, for me I don't care if they are wearing eye liner or not. I am more interested in if it looks like it lengthens, makes the lashes thicker looking, if it holds curl and/or if it clumps up The presence or lack of eyeliner has nothing to do with mascara application, at least in my experience. 

Honored Contributor

The liner doesn't bother me. But when the person is wearing false eyelashes and is applying mascara over them...that should be illegal.Woman LOL 

Respected Contributor

@IMB.Most of the models they choose have very long lashes or fairly long lashes with some thickness, so it wouldn't matter whether they had on thick eyeliner.. But to those veiwers who don't have long or thick lashes, then I agree that it would be more visable to see how well the product works for them. Yes, glad you brought it up! 

Esteemed Contributor

It's not just the mascara demos.... the models usually already have on a full face of makeup, then they pile more and more makeup on top.  It's not realistic.  I agree with @Kabella that they should start with models who have short and skimpy lashes so we can see how the mascara really performs!  Don't lie to me by using a model with spider lashes and then trying to convince me that it was the mascara - and only the mascara - that makes her lashes touch her eyebrows.  

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Occasional Contributor

Thank you for the replies!