Contributor

I am looking for mascara that will make my lashes look fuller and doesn't straighten them after I use a curler. I've tried SO many without success. Thank you.

Honored Contributor

@Marebear5  I like Thrive mascara but I also like Maybelline stilleto and Benefit Roller Lash.  I usually use at least 2 different ones for each layer I do.  These are the only ones that do not straighten my lashes after curling them after the first coat.  

Valued Contributor

@Marebear54 

Hi !

I really like Thrive . I find one coat really does a great job . it took me a while to try it . It is a tubular mascara , and reviews were either a love it or hate it . I find it very easy to remove which is extremely important to me . i have bletharitits and had cataract surgery so my eyes are sensitive . I think Ulta sells it , but I buy it on the Thrive website . I recently purchased it for my sister for her birthday and she loved it .

Good luck ! 

Respected Contributor

@Marebear54 

Me too.

Honored Contributor

If you want fuller, thicker lashes, I highly, highly recommend No.7 The Full 360 Ultra mascara.  This mascara is amazing. 

I also use and like L'Oreal Age Perfect Lash Magnifying Mascara but the No.7 beats that one out.

I just used up a tube of the Thrive mascara and while that one gave me good length, I don't find it gave me good volume.  I find that L'Oreal Telescopic is similar but gives me the volume the Thrive doesn't.

I have only been able to find the No.7 on-line in my area but it is one of the best mascaras.  It's around $10.00.   

Honored Contributor

@Marebear54 wrote:

I am looking for mascara that will make my lashes look fuller and doesn't straighten them after I use a curler. I've tried SO many without success. Thank you.

@Marebear54   I use L'Oreal Voluminous mascara (not the waterproof). If I use my lash curler or not, I wipe the mascara wand on a tissue between the 2 coats.  After each coat of mascara while still wet, I use my pinky finger to lightly hold the lashes up and back. I hold the lashes for a few seconds before the next coat.

I've found the curler can cause lashes to fall out and/or break off. If done properly, the curler has to be held right up on the lash line, held a few seconds and squeeze it as you move up the lashes. If you just hold it at the lash line, your lashes end up w/ an unnatural upward bend instead of a curl. The "pinky method" gives the lash a more natural gradual bend. 

***Squeezing the curler against the lid (where the follicles grow) is what can pull them out and sometimes damage the follicle so another lash doesn't replace it. I rarely use a lash curler because of that issue. 

Frequent Contributor

I've been a faithful user of IT Superhero Mascara.  It's a one-coat, curl, lengthen and volumizing product.  I don't need to use a lash curler with this mascara whick I believe is healthier for my lashes.  I find I need to clean the wand about 1 month after use or it will get clumps.  Once I do that, it's good to go like a new tube!  I'm on auto delivery for this product.