Honored Contributor

Mascara “Wraps Around” Your Lashes

Nice concept but can't wrap around.  Such silliness.  

Super Contributor

Re: Mascara “Wraps Around” Your Lashes

Maybe that's just another way of saying the mascara coats the lashes?

Honored Contributor

I'm not sure what you're referring to but if I heard someone say that the mascara "wraps around" your lashes, I would assume they were talking about a tubing mascara.  Here's the definition:

Unlike regular mascaras that paint your lashes with pigment (yet are prone to flaking, smudging, and running), tubing mascaras, which originated in Japan, are made with polymers that wrap around each individual lash, creating tiny tubes (hence the name, tubing mascaras).Jul 27, 2021

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Maybe they were selling a tubing mascara?   That's not a gimmick.  It stays put, doesn't smudge or flake and with warm water and a little massage with your fingertips the black "tubes" come right off.

Years ago I bought one by accident, having never heard of it.  I completely freaked out when I was washing my face because it looked like all my eyelashes had fallen off and were all over the sink!

Honored Contributor

From Google:

Regular mascara coats pigment on your lashes, whereas tubing mascara contains flexible polymers that actually wrap themselves around each of your lashes, ensuring that each lash has 360-degree coverage. How do I apply tubing mascara? Thankfully, you don’t need to know or use any fancy techniques.

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Esteemed Contributor

This term and mascara has been done before and sold by Q.

Made to many lashes fall out.

Respected Contributor

If that's the tubing mascara, I didn't like it. Found it hard to remove.

Honored Contributor

I was going to try to the tubing mascara but I heard that if makes your lashes look longer but not fuller, so that's no good for me.  As far as wrapping around your lashes, I don't know???

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

@rms1954 wrote:

Nice concept but can't wrap around.  Such silliness.  

@rms1954   A good tubular mascara (Trish McEvoy does a good one). It makes the lashes long longer and separated. If your lashes are naturally full and long, it's a great concept, but it does not add volume/fullness. It should slide off the lashes with warm water on a cotton pad. 

Honored Contributor

Blinc Tubing Mascara has been around for years, I think this was the first one of its kind, at least that I can recall.