Honored Contributor

Re: Mascara Swap Out - Share your Current and Holy Grail

@SurferWife wrote:

Have any of y'all tried Come Hell or High Water Volumizing Tubing Mascara?  It seems to be the highest rated mascara on Sephora.com.  Also highly rated is the Grande Cosemtics mascara.  Hit me up with your replies.  I enjoy what I use...well, mostly & I'm always open to try new ones.  I prefer "prestige" brands.

@SurferWife - Grande Cosmetics is a awesome brand! I discovered it when HSN had a TS several years ago. Oh how I wish they would bring that brand back to H. The TS included the highly rated GrandeLASH serum with the GrandeMASCARA. I LOVE both. Definite recommendation

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Honored Contributor

@Bibione wrote:

I use the Lancome white primer. Then any mascara I got in a kit or that I wanted to try.

Last step is Thrive mascara.

Is anybody else having a problem with brand new mascara that are dry?

@Bibione - I have not had any 'dry' issues with newly purchased mascaras, but I limit what I keep in stash bc they will dry out if not used in a reasonable time. 

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Honored Contributor

@chiclet wrote:

For some reason I find a tubing mascara to be the best for me.  Any other I have tried has migrated under my eyes and I am already dark enough there.  Also it stays the same all day. No looking into the mirror a couple hours later and wonder where it went (under my eyes).  I have been using Heimish and could not find it so ordered Honest Beauty with the primer on one end.  It is okay not jumping up and down. Tubing mascara is easy to remove too.   I am always interested in new finds so may try some of these mentioned.

@chiclet - the only tubing mascara that I've tried is from Trish McEvoy that was included in an eye kit I bought at HSN. I really liked it

Honored Contributor

Thanks again to those that shared product info - I'm bookmarking this thread to reference when I'm ready to make another mascara purchase. I'm inspired to try more! 

Honored Contributor

@Shanus  I bought a five pack special just prior to Christmas.  It was also a free shipping day.  I am all set! Woman Happy

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Respected Contributor

Have not read all the posts here since I last commented, but just to further what I said there...I was listening today on YT to Hot and  Flashy's 2021 favorite makeup products.

Her absolute favorite new discovery in the mascara dept is Lancome's Idole...she raves that it is "EVERYTHING you want a mascara to be."

She does have other favorites from before:

Loreal "Unlimited Length and Lift."

Maybelline "Sky High" mascara and Ilia "Lash Lengthening mascara."

Honored Contributor

I have never heard of Come Hell or High Water mascara.  What a name! LOL  Who makes its?  I know I'm out of the mascara loop since wearing false lashes but I do keep a tube for my bottom lashes.  Loreal Telescopic.

Honored Contributor

@San Antonio Gal 

To me, Lash Primer makes a huge difference when used with mascara.  I will never use mascara without primer.

Absolutely!  Just like foundation primer Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

For those of you having problems with mascara migrating under your eyes and causing darkness, do  you set your undereyes with a very finely milled powder?  I don't do my entire undereye, just the area where my bottom lashes could touch.  I used to use IT's Bye Bye (something) powder.  It's white and super soft.  Now I use Fenty's.  It's lavender and also super soft.  Both are brightening and work perfectly.

Honored Contributor

I like W3LL PEOPLE for a good, everyday mascara. (They use the 3.)

It also comes in brown so if you run out of brow enhancer, you can use the brown shade, using a light touch.

I've been doing that for decades with other mascaras, but so many now only come in black.

Well People is also cruelty free, and in the process of removing beeswax, pearl powder, and carmines from their formulas. 

EEBF69B7-C5BC-42F4-86A7-B6EAE5CE0823.jpeg

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.