Honored Contributor

Re: Mascara Swap Out - Share your Current and Holy Grail

There are quite a few mascaras that I love, all drugstore.  Right now I am using Maybelline Lash Sensational.  At first I wasn't that impressed but after I had used it for about a week or 2, it really is sensational.  The only downside is it has the rubber bristled wand and I really am a traditionalist when it comes to wands.  I can't help it.

My favorite so far is Essence Lash Princess with the green writing.  I love, love, love this mascara and it's like $5.00 a tube.  I've tried other Essence mascaras but only really loved the one with green writing.

Another new favorite is No. 7 Full 360 Ultra mascara.  This is also really good. 

Trusted Contributor

@Chi-town girl I'm someone who always used multiple mascaras.  Sometimes I'll layer two different ones and sometimes I'll switch it up depending on what look I'm going for.

I recently discovered what has become my #1 favorite - Stila Huge Extreme Lash.  I never would've bought this on my own, but I received it in a recent BoxyCharm and I LOVE it.  It applies really easily, gives great volume and my lashes hold the curl better than they ever have with another mascara (including Roller Lash).  I have been using it every day since I got it.  I am going to use up my other mascaras, but this is definitely the one I will repurchase when I need more.

I also love the Mac Gigablack, but only on my bottom lashes.  It is definitely the best bottom lash mascara I have ever found.

Honored Contributor

I'm all over the place. Like @Trix and @author , I was a Lancôme girl for years. My friend from when I was young worked for them. I got to try the new ones right before they came out, but always went back to Definicils. She left the company a while ago.

So I started wearing Mally's. Loved that.

Most recently I wore IT Tightline and Lash Blowout. Then I found Belle's Back Lash. I've been wearing that for a while.

I'm about to try the Bite mascara @RooRoo recommended. I'm planning to get it tomorrow if everything goes OK.  

@SilleeMee - You are truly blessed! My lashes are short and straight. My late brother had long and silky lashes. I used to tell my mom it wasn't fair!  Smiley Wink

Super Contributor

@Chi-town girl  and ladies, its so interesting that most of us favor different ones! There are so many to pick from & so many nice ones,too.  (I almost always choose a mascara sample at Sephora & wish I had the discipline to just open one for 3 months or whatever is recommended.)  I don't wear mascara every day so I rotate a few & they seem to last forever.  Favorite over all is Thrive mascara (the tubing one @marmarbrooklyn mentioned).  It never flakes or smears on me.  My newest favorite is Bite Beauty Upswing, very very volumilizing & just super nice brush and wears all day.  Also open, the Rare Beauty mascara.  My eyelashes are long & touch my undereye so it's crucial mascara doesn't smear.  I am looking forward to getting Careprost from All Day Chemist @SilleeMee  recommended, I'm hoping for a little more volume.  Thanks for all the recs on this thread everyone!

PS  @author I also love the MAC gigabite on lower lashes.  @beach-mom  I hope you like the Bite one!!!   

Super Contributor

@lkat wrote:

I also love the Mac Gigablack, but only on my bottom lashes.  It is definitely the best bottom lash mascara I have ever found.

I mixed up @lkat  with @author

re the MAC gigabite.  Sorry!  

I also use it only on the bottom lashes!

Honored Contributor

Full 'N Soft Mascara | Ulta Beauty

I've been using Maybelline's Full 'N Soft washable formula for years.  I'll stop when Maybelline stops making it.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Trusted Contributor

I'm remaining faithful to Believe Beauty Hi-Definition Skinny Mascara. I tossed one a few weeks ago that had been opened about two weeks beyond 90 days. A few days later I went to get a new backup. There were only two in stock so I bought both. I have heavily hooded eyes, and the straight skinny brush makes it easier to apply. I don't need mile-high lashes, and don't like mascaras with fat or wonky brushes.

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

I use/love Bravon mascara - no clumps or fallout.

Respected Contributor

I have tried many from super spendy to full on cheap. I always go back to Essence False Lash Effect (in the green and black tube) that I refer to as my 1-2-3 Woosh mascara. It always amazes me! Sometimes I will use the waterproof version too. That is in the blue and black tube.

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Honored Contributor

L'Oréal

♥Surface of the Sun♥