Honored Contributor

Re: MaryBeth's hairstyle today!

@Shanus wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

Maybe flat hair might not be flattering on older women, but the extreme opposite on the two other women is downright frightening.

@suzyQ3   ITA, but he's selling product and wants to show the extreme. I bet within an hour it falls to an acceptable fullness. 

That may be, @Shanus, but I can't help but think that it would be much more effective to show reasonable fullness. But then, I am not a big fan of big hair.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Respected Contributor

I like this hairstyle on Mary Beth.

Image result for mary beth roe

Honored Contributor

@wildcat fan wrote:

Screen Shot 2020-02-07 at 11.57.32 AM.png

That's a glamour shot, if there ever was one (well, if it wasn't blurry).  Reminds me of Morgan Fairchild back in the day.  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Did anyone hear Nick say, near  the end of the show, that he's been on QVC for 30 yrs. He said he's been selling hair care the longest of anyone on the shopping channels. Wow! I guess he's right, come to think of it. Go Nick!

Valued Contributor

Looks dated & does not make her look young, JMHO. MaryBeth looks very much her age, all the heavy stage makeup is no help.
I don’t think there’s a thing wrong with looking your age, I think it’s admirable to not try to cover it up. I think it’s so silly when women like Jill B & Lisa R photoshop all their pictures on their Facebook. So unnecessary. There’s beauty in us as we age. Makeup applied well and not too heavy is enhancing.
Respected Contributor

@HB glamma wrote:
Looks dated & does not make her look young, JMHO. MaryBeth looks very much her age, all the heavy stage makeup is no help.
I don’t think there’s a thing wrong with looking your age, I think it’s admirable to not try to cover it up. I think it’s so silly when women like Jill B & Lisa R photoshop all their pictures on their Facebook. So unnecessary. There’s beauty in us as we age. Makeup applied well and not too heavy is enhancing.

What does that even mean?

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Honored Contributor

@HB glamma wrote:

I don't think the hairstyle is flattering on MBR either.  I think it looks like an old pageant hairstyle.

If by Jill B photoshopping you mean Jill Bauer, I disagree with you.  If she is photoshopping her photos, she is doing a very good job.  She often takes photos without any make-up because she always said outside of Q, she didn't wear much make-up and certainly not as heavy as she wore it when she was on Q.  

Some people aren't as good at photoshopping.  They just end up making themselves look out of proportion and like they smeared their camera lense with vaseline.

Respected Contributor

Sorry, but I don't think it looks good at all.  I don't think her hairstyle has been very good for a while. She wore a very short wig a week or two ago and looked great though.  I just think the shorter styles suit her ( and some of the others) better.

Respected Contributor

I have no idea how old Marybeth is. She had just adopted a girl when I started watching the Q. She is aging well. She's one of the original class act hosts. Someone I can imagine being friends with.

Honored Contributor

For some reason, I want to think MBR and Colleen Lopez on HSN are the same age or very close.  Colleen just celebrated her 60th b-day.