Respected Contributor

Mary Greenwell MUA Anyone Heard Of Her?

I have never heard of  her before. She is a very popular MUA and did a series off what women should wear for makeup in there 50's and beyond on youtube.

She had videos on Foundation and Concealer, Brows, Eyes which she said mature women should wear pastels for eyeshadows and little shimmer. , Blush which she said Dusty Rose is the color for mature women and lips with  rose with some brown in it.

I don't agree with the lip color and I would think a Rosy brown Blush would make your face look dirty.

What do you think?

Honored Contributor

Re: Mary Greenwell MUA Anyone Heard Of Her?

Dusty rose blush or lippy would not be visible on my skin or lips. I need more color. My skin is med-tan, with olive undertones. I look better with brighter lip colors and deeper blush shades. I'm 64, black hair and dark brown eyes.

Honored Contributor

I think I shouldn't take make-up advice from someone not standing in front of me.

Respected Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

Dusty rose blush or lippy would not be visible on my skin or lips. I need more color. My skin is med-tan, with olive undertones. I look better with brighter lip colors and deeper blush shades. I'm 64, black hair and dark brown eyes.

I also have  medium skin with olive undertones. Just curious what color blush and lipstick do you like to wear?