Respected Contributor

I see Drunk Elephant is $72 any one use an organic one that is less and swear by it ?

Respected Contributor

I only know you can buy marula oil much, much cheaper through Amazon.

Laura loves cats!
Honored Contributor

Re: Marula oil anyone?

[ Edited ]

It used to be an oil I used frequently years ago but it is too heavy/oily for my skin now. I used to always buy mine from Shea terra organics. It is organic, first cold pressed. It was only about $15 for 2 oz. $72 is crazy high. You can get it much cheaper elsewhere if you want to try it, no need to pay that price.

Honored Contributor

I buy this one from pipingrock dot com. Right now it's 30% off making it around $9 for a 2-ounce bottle. I use this oil on my body mostly.

marula-oil-100-pure-5112.jpg

Valued Contributor

Hi MW in Iowa 

I know Acure makes a Marula oil that get raves reviews .In fact I just ordered ****** an expect to get it today . Vitacost(where I order from) sells it for about $13 and it retails for $16 dolllars on the Acure site   . I know a few ladies on the boards use it and one of the Youtubers I follow for women over 50 uses it . 

Respected Contributor

Thanks for all of the great suggestions , i did see thr Acure one. I still want to try Josies reserve but it bugs me that it is 1/2 oz.

Super Contributor

Skinstore has marula oil from African Botanics - $120 - looks like it might be an ounce.  Wonder why the great differences in price???

Honored Contributor

Re: Marula oil anyone?

[ Edited ]

@MW in Iowa,     I have been using Acure Organics Marula oil for ovr 2 years -- under $20.  Cold press.  I don't understand the high prices on some of the Marula oil and don't know why.  It's lighter in color and absorbs quickly more so than argan.   Cat Very Happy

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

@Katcat1. I've been using Marula oil for about a year. I like it much better than Argan...not as greasy and seems to absorb. Couldn't use Argan on my hair (made it oily/stringy), but Marula doesn't do that.

When hair is still wet, I just use a few drops, rub my hands together to emulsify and massage scalp first and then out to ends, styling product & blowdry. Lots of shine & supposedly good for scalp.

Respected Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@Katcat1. I've been using Marula oil for about a year. I like it much better than Argan...not as greasy and seems to absorb. Couldn't use Argan on my hair (made it oily/stringy), but Marula doesn't do that.

When hair is still wet, I just use a few drops, rub my hands together to emulsify and massage scalp first and then out to ends, styling product & blowdry. Lots of shine & supposedly good for scalp.

That's exactly what I would have answered. I find Argan oil heavy but !arula is lighter and sinks in faster.