Valued Contributor

I'm liking it...

No thought is worth thinking.....
Respected Contributor
Please share what you use it for.
Valued Contributor

Hi Rach!  Purchased a while back and just brought it out of my stash.  Using it as a face moisturizer.  My skin (only using for about a week) feels smooth and soft more plump? Looking for a more simple routine I had way too much.

Valued Contributor
I like it but not better than JM Argan Oil. I have also simplified and am getting even better results. HTH!
Trusted Contributor

@Chisos wrote:
I like it but not better than JM Argan Oil. I have also simplified and am getting even better results. HTH!

Here's why I bought three huge bottles of cold pressed marula oil and shelved my prestige moisturizers: From Marie Claire: 

By now, your beauty cupboards are likely stocked with coconut oil and Argan oil (not to mention a whole slew of K-beauty products to boot). But if you haven't yet heard of marula oil, AKA our new favorite multi-purpose miracle product, then we must insist that you give it a try.

Marula oil is harvested from the nut inside the sweet marula fruit and has been a hallmark skincare cure-all for the Ovambo women in northern Namibia for centuries. Whether used unrefined on its own or as a key ingredient in a more complicated product, it's light in texture, super fast-absorbing, packed with nutrients and fatty acids that fight environmental aggressors, and *amazingly* hydrating.

Basically, it's got everything we want in an oil and then some—marula oil contains 60 percent more antioxidants than other oils, even our beloved Argan. So, what, exactly are all of it's beautifying powers? Here's everything that you need to know:

Your Skin

It works for every skin type: From dry to oily to sensitive skin, it's always naturally soothing, fast-absorbing, and never leaves a greasy residue.

It balances moisture levels: Whether it's used on its own or added to a skin product, a few drops on the face, neck, and décolleté will lock in moisture without leaving a thick residue. Plus, it will fight off free radicals that threaten your complexion. (You can also add a few drops to your foundations so they won't be as drying to the skin.)

It softens: It will leave your skin ultra-smooth to the touch in an instant, but just as importantly, it will help maintain that silky texture by hydrating and reversing the damage that left skin rough in the first place. Miracle worker? We say yes.

It's a total anti-ager: It's chock full of fatty acids and omega oils, as well as Vitamins E and C, which work together to repair free radical damage, like that from the sun exposure or pollution, which accelerate aging. It's been shown to improve skin elasticity and reduce the appearance of fine lines and deep-set wrinkles.

It fights acne, as well as treats blemishes and scars: Thanks to its hydrating and antimicrobial properties, applying it to your problem areas can help reduce the size and appearance of all kinds of blemishes. It can also reduce the appearance of scars and stretch marks.

Your Hair

It protects hair from the elements: Whether it's the harsh UV rays of the sun or the heat of your curling iron, marula oil will coat your strands against styling or environmental damage thanks to its ultra-rich shield of antioxidant and essential minerals.

It nourishes: From your strands to your scalp, it's powerful for moisture retention and restores healthy hair thanks to its laundry list of aforementioned antioxidants.

It's a frizz-fighter: It seals the cuticle with a satin finish. Plus, the thin consistency allows it to spread easily through the hair.

Your Nails

It strengthens and moisturizes: When added to nail products, marula oil's quick-absorbing active ingredients work to fortify fragile, brittle nails and moisturizes the cuticles for a strong and prettier look.

Valued Contributor
I apologize to OP - I should have been more specific - I have found Argan Oil to be more moisturising than Marula oil.
Honored Contributor

That is an oil I have not tried yet but I love oils for my skin!

Most of the ones I use are not really sold as skincare products. Keeps the price lower. I've got combo/oily skin.

Valued Contributor

What is the best place to buy Marula oil?

Valued Contributor

I have the Acure Marula Oil... recs from here.  HTH

Regular Contributor

I recommend Shea Terra Organics for all your oil needs (I've been with them for about 10 years as a customer and love their products.) 

The only oil I don't get there is my new favorite: Tsubaki oil (which is Japanese Camellia Seed oil,) which I use the Chidoriya brand and love. Interesting note: Both Marula and Tsubaki oil are unusually high in Oleic acids, like 80% range. I found my old notes (from 5 years ago,) when I tested a number of oils from Shea Terra Organics. And marula was the ONLY one that made my nails grow. For some reason, I "forgot" this benefit, and stopped using this oil and have used other oils. (It takes FOREVER to use up a two ounce bottle! and I had like 6 of them, I do lilke to try everything... Smiley Happy ). I can tell you I'm going to for-sure get another bottle or cream of Marula oil when I order again in the fall or winter from Shea Terra.

I did get a bottle of Chidoriya's Tsubaki oil, (locally,) and that is also taking a while to get through. I LOVE IT THOUGH OMG. I love patting it into my face, its so light! And it feels rich too, and my nails have done a 180 and look AMAZING. I have the worst nails in the world, always have, and super dry cuticle beds.This oil makes them look AMAZING, and apparently, according to my old notes, the Marula did too. Something about me and high oleic oils CLEARLY is clicking and my body loves them. I am now going to listen and make sure one or both are now ALWAYS in my arsenal. (I use the Tsubaki at least once a day, usually before bed, and massage a big drop over hands and into nails and cuticles.) Any left over from AM face application is also rubbed into nails.

You can get a less expensive Tsubaki oil on Amazon, that comes in a short 'tulip' shaped bottle. I have tried this one as well, and I don't feel its as 'rich' as Chidoriya's, it is still really nice to try when you can find it for about $12 - that's a good deal, and its a great way to try the oil at a lower price. Its light and lovely and is actually sold more as a 'hair oil' but honestly: FACE & NAILS people! And body (I mix a drop or two into my shea butter creams, before applying all over. I do this with any natural oil, I love this technique  if I can't apply the oil to still soaking wet skin.)

Well I'm just babbling now, thanks for making it this far!